Things lost with ICS

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Try long pressing your home button, and swipe left or right to get rid of the apps you don't want running.

As far as app killers, I'm now trying out advanced task killer.. it works well so far.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I used to use that program before I moved to the RAZR..... The issue that I had with it (and never did figure out), is after it killed a program, some of them would restart in the backround automatically. I adjusted the setting several times, but some would come back. I could manually kill a task, wait a minute and go back in and see it running again. I'm just curious to know if you've had a similar experiance and if not, what settings you are using!

HankB

Reaction score
I can't find the app list. Pressing the waffle icon at the bottom of the screen beings up a list of widgets. I don't want 4x2 widget for Facebook. Apps that don't have a widget like /. - I can't figure put how to install. :angry:
TV
Data connectivity has deteriorated, ranging from 4G to 3G to 1X to none in the same spot I got solid 3G on my DX.

jch81

Reaction score
I've always been able to say "send text to Joe" and a text box would pop up with Joe's address in the "to" field and a microphone on the side of the text field that allowed me to dictate a text message. Now with ICS saying "text to Joe" or "send text to Joe" opens up a message window with a blank "to" field and "to Joe" as the first line of the text message. There is also no microphone for dictating the message. I used to use this for quick messages while going down the highway and it worked great. sigh

If you just say send text to Joe and then say the message it will do it all at once and all the words will pop up in the box. Just say it all at once before the white box comes up.

TheCarsForever

Reaction score
Volume Control lost with HD and Navigation Docks

As has been noted in a few places you no longer have control over the volume when using the HD or Navigation after the ICS update. Even though the volume slider looks to be changing, the volume is either off or full. The Navigation dock is a minor nuisance as the car stereo can handle volume changes, but if you use headphones or non-powered speakers with the HD dock it is a real bummer. If you plug into the headphone jack volume control is normal - the issue only exists when you use the headphone jack in the dock.

I have contacted Motorola and they confirm this is a known bug. It is slated to be fixed in the next software update, but there is no official ETA for the next update.

djspy

Reaction score
It's funny how we all complained about not having "Pure Google" and now that we almost have that we miss some of the things Motorola implemented. I for one miss Moto's facebook integration. it's nice to Share something on a specific friend's wall by just tapping the Share button. I didn't have to copy the link, go to facebook, look for the contact and then leave the link or whatever on their wall.

WETLAYED

Reaction score
Yea when you have facebook contacts synced up to your phone and you want to add a phone number to that contact, ics no longer allows you to do that. I knew a way how on gingerbread :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ZOOMY

Reaction score
The flashing led for low battery does exist. It doesn't kick in until 10%. Also the low battery notification doesn't pop up until 10% . Is 10% the new 15%?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

I noticed that after I posted about the LED. I could swear though on mine it doesn't come on til 5%, which seems kind of pointless with such little advance warning.

washwords

Reaction score
has anyone noticed that they can't access pictures sent in text messages anymore? i never had a problem but since the upgrade i click on pic, it asks if i want to open or save and neither seems to work or at least i don't know where the pics are? help, please! :( thanks!

ripper2860

Reaction score
has anyone noticed that they can't access pictures sent in text messages anymore? i never had a problem but since the upgrade i click on pic, it asks if i want to open or save and neither seems to work or at least i don't know where the pics are? help, please! :( thanks!
Are you on WiFi when attempting to view the pic? If so, try 3G/4G. MMS doesn't work on WiFi. At least it didn't on the Bionic. You could send, but not open a received pic while on WiFi.

washwords

Reaction score
oops it was me...

not on wifi but in checking it again, realized this particular message came as a slideshow and i hadn't advanced the slides right (the format is slightly different now since ics). d'oh. sorry everyone for the waste o time... looking forward to reading more about ICS/ playing with it on my phone and then posting more intelligent qs!

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Any way to disable background downloads on wifi? You can disable on 3g but it leaves a stupid warning icon in your status bar.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Foxkat.....where you at dude?? Help me out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Wish I could, but alas...no Task Manager. :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The flashing led for low battery does exist. It doesn't kick in until 10%. Also the low battery notification doesn't pop up until 10% . Is 10% the new 15%?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

This is interesting. I hadn't seen it yet. I will have to give it a go, since it blows a hole in one reason for setting at 15%, to preserve battery life over time.