A few issues and lost features with ICS... Please help!

moxiegirl376

Reaction score
I regrettably installed ICS about a week ago, and I hate hate hate it. Not only do you have to jump through hoops to keep your battery from draining quickly, but you lose a lot of features, too. If anyone can help with any of these issues and lost features it would be greatly appreciated!

1) I can't figure out how to save a phone number to contacts from a text message. I've tried everything I could think of, and it doesn't seem to be an option.
2) The volume for texts and notifications does not get lower when you lower your ring volume. This is HUGE for me because I turn everything down low at bed time so it doesn't wake my kids up.
3) I downloaded the "Phone Info" app so that I could stay on 3G (after the "upgrade" the 4G seemed to be draining my battery much faster). I selected GSM/CDMA auto (prl) and immediately had issues. The biggest being that my Yahoo mail stopped automatically updating and notifying me. I also turned off notifications for Words with Friends and Hanging with Friends to save battery (didn't have a problem before ICS).

These are just a few of the issues, but I can probably learn to live with the rest. Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hello and welcome to the forum.

1. If you press the blank face icon on the text message you will be prompted to save as new or existing.

2. There is nothing we can do about this for now, they took away the link between the ring volume and notification volume. So now when you adjust the sound that is only for the ringer.

3. For the phone APP you should select CDMA auto (prl), there is no need to have GSM if you are not traveling abroad. Also I think I heard of people having problems with Yahoo mail might check this thread out for help on that.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/209780-setting-up-troubleshooting-email-accounts.html

Don't give up on ICS the two leaked OS's are much better than the stock .211 one, and they are going to be doing another official release sometime in the next month or so.

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
For the only concern not answered yet...(Sydman knows a LOT!!!:hail:) #2.. I use an app called Quick Settings I believe. It has a volumn settings menu that will allow you to adjust all sorts of items. not as simple as the side volumn button, but it does what I need. May not be exactly what you are looking for though...

William_04_x

Reaction score
I DL'ed .215 weeks ago, but didn't install it. Tonight I had enough of the glitches of .211. Install couldn't have been easier. I hope it helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

robert70

Reaction score
I've really not had any issues with ics except for the pocket detection not being there anymore, and I didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out on another thread

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

fakhtar

Reaction score
Wifi connection issues even after .215 leak installed

I read about a code that you can input from the dial pad to get to advanced settings...apparently this will help me fix my wifi issue where my razr maxx keeps flashing between connecting and saved, secure with WPA/WPA2 but doesn't connect to my wifi EVER. Can someone help me obtain this supposed code?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum fakhtar.

That code is *#*#4636#*#*