Notification Volume on ICS and other issues with ICS

emarioc

Reaction score
Well, here we go again. Went to ICS, I was using Llama to control all my volumes with all kinds of great rules I have built up... ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume SO the Lama she is not able to make it work anymore... Looked around on the market for a replacement, there seem to be one possibility - ICS Enhanced Ringer Control, but no scheduling like Llama so I have to remember to change my settings, also no profiles as far as I can tell. Hoping others will create apps like Llama that work with ICS. Smart Actions, well, IMHO NOT Smart...

Summary:

ICS does not fix the Haptic Feedback Issue
ICS Breaks the ability to control volumes with available Apps
ICS has a Status Bar that is DIM and Blurry
ICS Consumes more battery then GB

How we doing so far?

The quest continues... :icon_eek:

spalding12

Reaction score
Well, here we go again. Went to ICS, I was using Llama to control all my volumes with all kinds of great rules I have built up... ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume SO the Lama she is not able to make it work anymore... Looked around on the market for a replacement, there seem to be one possibility - ICS Enhanced Ringer Control, but no scheduling like Llama so I have to remember to change my settings, also no profiles as far as I can tell. Hoping others will create apps like Llama that work with ICS. Smart Actions, well, IMHO NOT Smart...

Summary:

ICS does not fix the Haptic Feedback Issue
ICS Breaks the ability to control volumes with available Apps
ICS has a Status Bar that is DIM and Blurry
ICS Consumes more battery then GB

How we doing so far?

The quest continues... :icon_eek:

happy to have ICS in "CUE"
not planning on installing it any time soon
please keep us informed

Dunc

Reaction score
ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume
These two items are independent of each other. I would like to know how to make them tied because it's really annoying having a smart action set to reduce ringer volume for work but having to manually adjust the notification volume.

Justinr931

Reaction score
These two items are independent of each other. I would like to know how to make them tied because it's really annoying having a smart action set to reduce ringer volume for work but having to manually adjust the notification volume.

I agree. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rogus

Reaction score

I have a SA that turns the ringer to silent. I just tested it to make sure and I also don't get any notification sounds when this SA is triggered.

erroyer

Reaction score
Apparently ICS affects different phones differently. For my HTC Rezound on Verizon, I can no longer have my phone ringer on and my notifications off. The two are now tied together. They can both be on or both be totally off. In order for me to leave my ringer on at night to receive emergency calls, I must tolerate getting awakened during the night when an email arrives. But some of you are complaining about the opposite, so ICS must affect different phones differently.

I find various other things about ICS somewhat annoying, but this one is by far the most troublesome. Before the ICS upgrade I was toying with the idea of getting a new phone. Now I'm seriously considering that option, but I will spent a lot of time trying out a potential new phone in the store before actually buying it. I don't want to spend a bunch of money (Like on an Android phone with Jelly Bean) and find it has the same problems as ICS does.

boostedf4

Reaction score
This is something I have been trying to fix since getting ics and I've had no luck so far. I'll look into Llama but am not holding my breath

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kanga

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with ICS - setting the phone to vibrate or mute doesn't affect the notification sound, which has to be changed separately.
I know it can work with this model because my co-workers have the exact same phone and it works fine for them.

I think it started after I installed and uninstalled the profile scheduler application

Does anyone have a solution for this? it is extremely annoying..

Thanks..