Things lost with ICS

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Has anyone noticed that when scrolling down pages,it doesn't feel near as fluid as it use to. Or maybe I'm trying to say "fling"! It seems since I got the OTA I am unable to fling through pages or anything really. I really don't like too much as well as I'm typing using tapatalk, I noticed that the option to lock the caps lock on the keyboard is also gone. I have no idea why that would of happened.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Caps lock is two presses of shift key. The small green dot on the key identifies it's in caps lock.

blake28

Reaction score
Thank u

Yeah, I just knew there had to be caps lock, but for some reason I wasn't thinking too hard!!!

Wopback

Reaction score
Task Manager.....yes I miss the TM.

I know you can long press home and swipe, but its not the same. I love to micro-manage my phone.

Anyone use or know of a good manager? Help!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Foxkat.....where you at dude?? Help me out

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try long pressing your home button, and swipe left or right to get rid of the apps you don't want running.

As far as app killers, I'm now trying out advanced task killer.. it works well so far.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341077620813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341077620813.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 261

rpdonald

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Try long pressing your home button, and swipe left or right to get rid of the apps you don't want running.

As far as app killers, I'm now trying out advanced task killer.. it works well so far.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Ok, so I could have sworn that there is a large thread somewhere around here that says that you should not use a task killer at all. That 2.3 and above atomically kills apps when it needs the resources.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Steve H

Reaction score
Looks like I might miss my bluetooth. The new ICS and my Motorola Rooster bluetooth don't like to play nicely together. The bluetooth wants to pair each time I try to connect.

tdelon

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I miss texting with voice search

I've always been able to say "send text to Joe" and a text box would pop up with Joe's address in the "to" field and a microphone on the side of the text field that allowed me to dictate a text message. Now with ICS saying "text to Joe" or "send text to Joe" opens up a message window with a blank "to" field and "to Joe" as the first line of the text message. There is also no microphone for dictating the message. I used to use this for quick messages while going down the highway and it worked great. sigh

ebaker60

Reaction score
I really miss the message center. I used to be able to update all my messages in one tap! Plus my comcast mail doesn't check for new messages like it's supposed to.

jaseman

Reaction score
Foxkat.....where you at dude?? Help me out

Softkey system settings, Developer Options, scroll down to "Apps" and under there are two options - "don't keep activities" and Background process limit. I use the first one only.

gmack35

Reaction score
when plugged in via usb it doesn't have a 'charge only' mode anymore?

also this version of swype seems a bit different, i prefer the older one.

wobbster

Reaction score
ICS has been great so far except for TASKS. When I switched from BB to Android a few years ago I really missed the ability to Sync my Corporate Outlook Tasks with my phone. RAZR solved that problem when it came out a few months ago - which was awesome. Now with the ICS update, it appears that my phone can no longer sync with my Corporate Outlook Tasks. Not cool. If anybody is aware of a setting that I can change to resolve this, please let me know.

rpdonald

Reaction score
ZOOMY said:
I've noticed a few things missing:

no more flashing red LED for low battery
no more recent history with individual contacts
no social networking unified inbox
no way to select between missed, received or sent calls in recent calls
no more 3d animations on home screen or charge only mode

Overall I like ICS and my battery has been better, but I wish they wouldn't have cut out so much.

The flashing led for low battery does exist. It doesn't kick in until 10%. Also the low battery notification doesn't pop up until 10% . Is 10% the new 15%?

Tracey4

Reaction score
rpdonald said:
The flashing led for low battery does exist. It doesn't kick in until 10%. Also the low battery notification doesn't pop up until 10% . Is 10% the new 15%?

I had a 15% notification on mine.

cece5702

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. I miss it too. That was the first thing I looked for when I received ICS update. That long pressing the home keep and swiping the apps just seem too simple to me. I feel as if apps are still running in the back ground somewhere, Lol...
Task Manager.....yes I miss the TM.

I know you can long press home and swipe, but its not the same. I love to micro-manage my phone.

Anyone use or know of a good manager? Help!!