[THEME] "UNITY" for Liberty 2.0

El Poblano

Reaction score
So I downloaded and flashed this today, lost root and system .apks etc. Annoying.

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
So I downloaded and flashed this today, lost root and system .apks etc. Annoying.
:icon_eek: There is NOTHING in the theme which can remove superuser acces (ROOT) & had you applied the theme, system apks would have been replaced by new ones, but nothing to remove them. If this is the case, I assure you that your problems were not caused by the theme file...Sorry you're 'annoyed', but read the posts here, xda, dx forums, mdw where its been used several hunded times, with great reviews. Im not responsible for what youve done to your phone before you installed my theme! You "downloaded & flashed" but did you bother to FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS????
If you did a nandroid as you should before flashing ANY theme, just re-root, bootstrap & restore your nandroid.Good Luck, If you have any trouble doing the restore or need help reflashing Liberty or even if you want to SBF back to stock, Let me know, Ill be glad to help you!:icon_eek:

El Poblano

Reaction score
:icon_eek: There is NOTHING in the theme which can remove superuser acces (ROOT) & had you applied the theme, system apks would have been replaced by new ones, but nothing to remove them. If this is the case, I assure you that your problems were not caused by the theme file...Sorry you're 'annoyed', but read the posts here, xda, dx forums, mdw where its been used several hunded times, with great reviews. Im not responsible for what youve done to your phone before you installed my theme! You "downloaded & flashed" but did you bother to FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS????
If you did a nandroid as you should before flashing ANY theme, just re-root, bootstrap & restore your nandroid.Good Luck, If you have any trouble doing the restore or need help reflashing Liberty or even if you want to SBF back to stock, Let me know, Ill be glad to help you!:icon_eek:

Yes. I did follow the installation instructions. In fact, the process is so simple, that there is NO way I could have gotten to where I was (theme installed/root lost) without following the instructions.
To answer to your clearly condescending response:

1) I'm not the only one who has had the same issue:
Xerrus:
Went back and tried doing a fresh install with system mounted. It ended with me losing my root and a nice chunk of system apks missing. I'll stick the first way with some of the text whited out :-S

Droid annoymous:
Mobile sensei I got this to install but here's the issue toolbox isn't usuable it keeps saying flash newest liberty I'm on 2.0.1 will there be a fix cause the toolbox is useless now. And if the tool box doesn't work neither will rom manager or bootstrap.
2) After finding the posts of other users with the same issue, I decided to check how others fared on xda, dxforums, and mdw. Funny thing is, you never posted the theme in any of those, despite what you said. Thats odd...
So. There are other users who have lost root and some system apks. Maybe... just MAYBE, there might be an issue somewhere with your .zip. So rather than go hyper defensive (I didn't call you a horrible person, but yes- rerooting and flashing back to stock is annoying), perhaps its worth a proper perusal of the theme.

droskie3000

Reaction score
So I followed the install instructions to a t and I am very pleased with this theme. Its very clean looking and well put together. There are issues with the incoming call text but that's manageable and I'm sure in the future there will he an update to correct. But I have noticed that his theme installed twitter and Facebook. I am now not able to remove twitter and with Facebook the market keeps trying to download an update but everyime it gets to the install I fails saying that the package wasn't signed correctly. Any thoughts on how to Crecy this. I'm about to reflash the theme and Starr over.

edit: so i booted into clockwork, wiped cahch and dalvik cache and mounted system and reflashed.. im stil seeing the same issues as before, the incoming call text is white on white, the ongoing notification is als white text on a white backround. again they are small small issues for a heavely themed rom but still kinda annoying.

Last edited:

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Download visual voicemail in liberty toolbox. Think it's called vvs or something

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Could you show me what I'd need to click on in order to get there or if there is an .apk I can download in order to install it? I can't find it so I could just be stupid, but I feel that I've looked everywhere.

gimlet72

Reaction score
edit: so i booted into clockwork, wiped cahch and dalvik cache and mounted system and reflashed.. im stil seeing the same issues as before, the incoming call text is white on white, the ongoing notification is als white text on a white backround. again they are small small issues for a heavely themed rom but still kinda annoying.

Great theme. I have the same issue with not being able to see some names due to white on white, but it is tolerable. Great theme, I prefer a minimalistic theme, which this delivers.

Xerrus

Reaction score
I saw that the updated PuRe Theme from JL dropped on the 17th. Any chance there will be an update to your Unity theme? The tweaks and changes from Unity are hard to live without on just normal PuRe :)

Fer

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with twitter force closing after trying to log in? That has been by only issue so far.

Xerrus

Reaction score
Any plans to modify this and port it to Liberty Gingerbread?