[THEME] [THEME] Gingercomb Juiced - Liberty v0.8

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still my favorite theme for liberty. I would like the white background as well.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I wear reading glasses, so unfortunately I need it.
Also the novelty factor.
Dark backgrounds seem to be very popular right now.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Well I juiced my D2 last night and I must say that I am impressed with this one. The boot animation is sick as well. I donated to your cause this morning, Juicemane. Keep up the good work.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Here are some screenshots. I am using ADW Launcher with a combination of Fluxed Theme Icons and Juicemane's.

gingercombjuicedliberty.png
\

The third screen shot is my drawer.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here are some screenshots. I am using ADW Launcher with a combination of Fluxed Theme Icons and Juicemane's.

\

I like it! Thank you for your support!
dancedroid

tet0r

Reaction score

\

I would love to know how you kept the lag down in ADW. I started setting it up but experienced some pretty bad lag with 5 home screens. Switched back to Launcher Pro. I like that as well, but I think ADW is visually more pleasing.

HutRU01

Reaction score

\

I would love to know how you kept the lag down in ADW. I started setting it up but experienced some pretty bad lag with 5 home screens. Switched back to Launcher Pro. I like that as well, but I think ADW is visually more pleasing.

Well, for one, I adjust the memfree settings to 50mb (stock is 25mb). I also don't load up all the screens with widgets. That can tend to hog all your memory, not to mention, drain your battery. Widgets that require resources to update too frequently will cause this.

The apps widgets I use are:

Fancy Widget (clock/weather/alarm clock/date)
Dazzle Widget (includes all pertinent toggles switches)
AudioManagerPro
PowerAmp Widget
Agenda Widget
Droid 2 Overclock
Quit Smoking Pro (6 months free as of this month) :)
Android System Info

I don't have any lag issues with this setup. I have noticed lag issues if I try to load all the pages up though.

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
Thanks

WOW, what an awesome theme. I combined this theme with:

WidgetLocker
Dark Edge Blue ADW theme
Chomp SMS
and a nice wallpaper (from zedge)

My results:
GbdCw.png

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
bugs & suggestions

I have a couple bugs to report and a couple suggestions for improvement. First, for some reason I didn't have an on-screen keyboard when I loaded gingercomb. I had to download a gingerbread keyboard in order to complete my swype beta key generation. Also, there was no file manager of any kind in the initial theme.

Now its my suggestions. First, the background color of the windows viewer in the browser is white in this version with an annoyingly small button (by which I mean stock version) for closing a window. Can you go back to the Gingercomb 2.0 black background with the larger square close button? Also, the alarm clock button kind of sticks out like a sore thumb because its white. I went to droidpirate and found an awesome black and blue alarm icon that worked flawlessly with your 2.0 theme and looked great

alarm – droidpirate.com

Something changed in this version and now that metamorph file doesn't work. My last suggestion is another metamorph I'm using from droidpirate; one that is still working in this version. My notification background is 50% transparent with a blue sound wave in the middle

Notification Backgrounds – droidpirate.com

Not only does it fit in amazingly with the rest of the theme, but it adds to the "juiced" part of the theme

The first picture is the soundwave notification, the second picture shows the white windows screen and how weird that looks, and the third picture is my settings/language & keyboard settings, showing that there is no option to select an on-screen keyboard

Attachments

• snap20110630_105022.png
    snap20110630_105022.png
    148 KB · Views: 286
  • snap20110630_113405.png
    snap20110630_113405.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 265
  • snap20110630_113430.png
    snap20110630_113430.png
    24 KB · Views: 257

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I didn't have a keyboard to choose either, but I just installed swype and all is good :)

sent from my Liberated Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That is the first I've heard of not having a keyboard, you might need to go into keyboard settings and check the box for it to work... also, my theme does absolutely nothing to the file manager application. If it is missing, you must have flashed your rom incorrectly or accidentally froze/uninstalled it. I would recommend re-flashing your rom then my theme.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
That is the first I've heard of not having a keyboard, you might need to go into keyboard settings and check the box for it to work... also, my theme does absolutely nothing to the file manager application. If it is missing, you must have flashed your rom incorrectly or accidentally froze/uninstalled it. I would recommend re-flashing your rom then my theme.

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't have a keyboard when I flashed the ROM. That's when I installed Swype. Once I flashed the theme I didn't have any probs and the multitouch kb showed up. For some reason Liberty v0.8 didn't come with a keyboard.

sent from my Liberated Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange. I had a keyboard. I used it when i signed in to google right after flashing

D2 ZombieStomped v1.71