[Theme - Focused] Yet another Black Bar Mod

droidxchat

Reaction score
I see that you said there's supposed to be 10% battery indicators. There's no numbers in the battery, was there supposed to be?

The bars are half the size for a 10% level, and a full bar for 20%. The first screenshot I posted is 70%. Maybe I should have explained that...

Ah got it. That's kinda cool actually. Any chance I can get non-rounded corners?

akanealw

Reaction score
looks great, trying now. What is that clock/weather widget?
Thanks! Its Beautiful Widgets with the "Bionix" clock skin and the "FlatWhite" weather skin.

thanks, i have beautiful widgets, just needed the right combination :)

this looks great! i don't mind the rounded corners, with a black statusbar you can hardly tell.

also, can you change the "Verizon Wireless" text to Rubix Focused or at least tell me the steps to do so myself?

Reaction score
i would like to used the black bar but keep the signal indicators and battery the way they are now on stock rubix 1.6..do i just download this black bar mod and replace those images with the ones from the rubix ROM...meaning is it as simple as just finding the battery pngs and the signal ones and just copying them over or is there more to it..thanks

compchick813

Reaction score
What's the weather widget in your first screenshot? Doesn't look like beautiful widgets.

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
Any chance I can get non-rounded corners?
Sure, you can download it here. I might make this the default in the future.

.meaning is it as simple as just finding the battery pngs and the signal ones and just copying them over or is there more to it..thanks
Pretty much. The images are contained in framework-res.apk, which can be edited with 7-Zip. Look in the res\drawable-hdpi folder.

also, can you change the "Verizon Wireless" text to Rubix Focused or at least tell me the steps to do so myself?
I honestly don't know how yet, and I don't know what I would put there (this theme should be compatible with Fission and other potential Fission-based ROMs). Maybe "DX Open Source" or something equally obvious.

Wingnuts

Reaction score
I have a Droid X with OTA Froyo 2.2 that I recently rooted and deodexed, but I haven't tried a different ROM yet. I'm still too new at this. I did however install the Ultralinx Minimal Matte Grey Theme because I wanted the black status bar, which I really like, but it also changed the volume bar and checkmark colors in my apps from red to a very light green which I'm having trouble seeing. Can I install the Black Bar Mod over it to get the black status bar without having to install a new ROM?

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
In the case of my theme, I would highly recommend not installing it, as it's based on an AOSP rom. It may work, but make sure you make a backup in clockworkmod, because the odds of bootloops are high. I still recommend that you look for another theme intended to work with stock roms, though.

Wingnuts

Reaction score
OK, thanks for responding, I'll look around for Themes for the stock ROM. And maybe start learning more about ROMs, sounds like a custom ROM may be something I'd want.

Thanks again.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Nice work on the 10% indicators. I was trying to figure out how to do that before. Which file is it actually in?

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
I wish I knew. I just started with all the framerwork files from the stock Focused 1.6 and added the icons for the new percents (and all the other changed images). The only xml I touched was status_bar.xml, to fix the notifications. Surprisingly the one from BBM worked perfectly. I was surprised it was that easy.

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
anyone tried this with Fission 2.0.1?

If not this theme, there are definitely others that will give you a black bar for Fission 2.0.1. I say definitely, because I've made one. This theme does look really solid though, I must admit. Great work!

greevedogg

Reaction score
is this compatible with rubiX Focused 1.8.6 that just came out? i will try it and see but I just wanted to check before I went ahead with it...

I'm assuming it'd be good...