THEMES for Rubix 1.9.5

a1c

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I have noticed a bootloop effect when comming to a non gummy theme (such as black juice v5)(highly recommended by the way) to a gummy theme such as watermark etc, I just thought id let the rest of the community know this, as I was waiting on the bootloop screen for 10 minutes waiting for it to boot before i realized i needed to restore from a previous backup

sephtin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I have noticed a bootloop effect when comming to a non gummy theme (such as black juice v5)(highly recommended by the way) to a gummy theme such as watermark etc, I just thought id let the rest of the community know this, as I was waiting on the bootloop screen for 10 minutes waiting for it to boot before i realized i needed to restore from a previous backup

The only time this should happen, is if using an incompatible version...

Focused 1.9.5 is compatible with Gummy 2.0 and 2.1, but NOT 2.5.

Hope that helps.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've left the themes for gummyjar 2.1 up and in there own thread because I knew you rubix users were using them to. Read the op first! Make sure the theme your flashing is not for gummyjar 2.5 or you will bootloop! And if you do get a bootloop, pull the battery and just flash a theme you know works, it will boot. No need to restore backups.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
I've left the themes for gummyjar 2.1 up and in there own thread because I knew you rubix users were using them to. Read the op first! Make sure the theme your flashing is not for gummyjar 2.5 or you will bootloop! And if you do get a bootloop, pull the battery and just flash a theme you know works, it will boot. No need to restore backups.

:)

Amazing work btw... with all of the ported themes! Keep it up! :)

maurilax

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but every time I load the blueberry theme the market app disappears. I have tried installing the apk and even through a zip file in bootstrap but those always force close.

1.9.5 themed is working great

just for reference I am on .340 with the updated kernal bootloader etc for TBH and have no other issues except the market disappearing when loading the blueberry theme

I have tried wiping data/cache

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When did you dl the blueberry theme? It has been updated and is no longer compatible with rubix.
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but every time I load the blueberry theme the market app disappears. I have tried installing the apk and even through a zip file in bootstrap but those always force close.

1.9.5 themed is working great

just for reference I am on .340 with the updated kernal bootloader etc for TBH and have no other issues except the market disappearing when loading the blueberry theme

I have tried wiping data/cache

maurilax

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago. it was working fine except for that one issue. it still seems to be marked as supported on the first post of this thread.

Edit: I see now that on the main thread for the theme it was updated to work with Gummy 2.5 (making it no longer compatible with rubix) , thanks for the response.

sephtin

Reaction score
how do you install the themes?

Each theme may have slightly different instructions...
You should always follow the first post in the thread of the theme.
Also know, that themes are (well, should be) VERY specific to the ROM they're based on/created from. Using one theme on a completely different ROM is asking for trouble.

But in general, MOST themes follow the same steps, which are:
--Copy the theme's zip file to sdcard.
--Reboot into recovery using the Droid X Bootstrapper app
--Install .zip from SDCard
--Choose .zip from SDCard
--select the theme's .zip file
--say yes (you'll know which one).
when it's complete:
--Hit the back button on the phone to go to the main menu
--Reboot.

HTH!

Last edited:

riahon

Reaction score
Are the Fission 2.5.7 themes compatible with RubiX 1.9.5? Will the be with the upcoming RubiX?

sephtin

Reaction score
Are the Fission 2.5.7 themes compatible with RubiX 1.9.5? Will the be with the upcoming RubiX?

Themes replace framework files.

All three framework's are different (Fission2.x, Focused 1.9.5, and Focused 1.9.7.. all different).

So no. Fission themes won't work with Focused 1.9.5, and neither will work with Focused 1.9.7

Focused is sharing some of the same framework as GummyJar however... So.. Focused 1.9.5 will work with GummyJar 2.0/2.1 themes, and Focused 1.9.7 will work with GummyJar 2.5 themes.