[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final

jdhas

Reaction score
@Juicemane

Great job on this theme, it's beautiful :)

I hope you don't mind though, I changed the battery icon to something else that's more appealing to me.

snap20101111_110557.png

snap20101111_110554.png

Also: how did you remove the clock from the notification bar?

How'd you apply that battery and where did you find?

Also, how did you remove the clock from the notification bar? I'd love to be able to remove the thing from even the default bar!

jloya

Reaction score
@Juicemane

Great job on this theme, it's beautiful :)

I hope you don't mind though, I changed the battery icon to something else that's more appealing to me.

snap20101111_110557.png

snap20101111_110554.png

Also: how did you remove the clock from the notification bar?

How'd you apply that battery and where did you find?

Also, how did you remove the clock from the notification bar? I'd love to be able to remove the thing from even the default bar!

[MOD] Remove Clock in Notification Bar - Android Forums

DThomp

Reaction score
The clock is removed with Fabolous' clock remover zip. I got it off android central but have seen it posted at other forums.
The clock I don't know you can find that yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DThomp

Reaction score
Beat me to and put in a link too. I metamorphed all of my status bar icons to blue to match the battery. The only one I couldn't get to take was the usb icon. Get all the icons at droidpirate.com in the notification section.

jdhas

Reaction score
It's not working right, it's causing "android.process.acore" for closes.

Why don't you tell us, step by step, what you did? I'm not entirely clear on what's "not working right" for you.

I hope you made a backup before you did anything. You did, right?

bouchigo

Reaction score

Why don't you tell us, step by step, what you did? I'm not entirely clear on what's "not working right" for you.

Yeah I made a backup, that's always the first thing I do.

What I did was follow yawdapaah's guide and modified the framework-res.apk. I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.

yawdapaah's guide here:
[HOW TO] 10% battery in themed framework apks - Android Forums

sephtin

Reaction score

What I did was follow yawdapaah's guide and modified the framework-res.apk. I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.

yawdapaah's guide here:

Probably a stupid question... but when you say " I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.".. it sounds like you tried to use the SAME framework from apex (a BLUR based ROM... based on 2.3.15), on a Blurless ROM (Focused, based on the Moto SDK)... ? If you actually went through this entire process again for Focused.. it **Might work**... I am actually tempted to try it, because I wanted to make some .xml changes, and was unable to get the Framework to recompile due to the .9.png errors myself, which that guide seems to work-around.

So.. IF you are trying to use the same framework-res.apk from Apex, that's your problem. You need to do it again for Focused Framework-res.

If you actually went through it again for Focused.. *cough* disregard... heh

sephtin

Reaction score
The clock is removed with Fabolous' clock remover zip. I got it off android central but have seen it posted at other forums.

To those that have tried the Fab mod to remove the clock...
Anyone experience any side affects yet? The mod doesn't "modify" anything, it actually completely replaces services.jar, a framework file... ? I'd love to know from Fab where the services.jar originated.. Also, how it was modified.. *sigh*.. I'd much rather take the stock Focused services.jar and mod it, to just blindly installing a services.jar of unknown origins....

(Nothing against Fab on this, I greatly apprecite his work and contributions... nothing short of amazing... just that I'm picky, or paranoid, or.. something, I guess!)

bouchigo

Reaction score

yawdapaah's guide here:

Probably a stupid question... but when you say " I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.".. it sounds like you tried to use the SAME framework from apex (a BLUR based ROM... based on 2.3.15), on a Blurless ROM (Focused, based on the Moto SDK)... ? If you actually went through this entire process again for Focused.. it **Might work**... I am actually tempted to try it, because I wanted to make some .xml changes, and was unable to get the Framework to recompile due to the .9.png errors myself, which that guide seems to work-around.

So.. IF you are trying to use the same framework-res.apk from Apex, that's your problem. You need to do it again for Focused Framework-res.

No, I didn't use the same framework-res.apk as I did for ApeX 1.0; I figured it wouldn't work. I used the framework-res.apk from rubiX Focused 1.6.

You should try it, maybe you can get it to work :)

sephtin

Reaction score

yawdapaah's guide here:

No, I didn't use the same framework-res.apk as I did for ApeX 1.0; I figured it wouldn't work. I used the framework-res.apk from rubiX Focused 1.6.

You should try it, maybe you can get it to work :)

Was planning on it.. I was going to play with removing the clock and battery completely from the notification bar... but I was going to do it via the framwork, rather than the services.jar.. I know a few things that might be kinda cool to play with in .xml.. but unfortunately, I wasn't able to compile it before... I'll play with this when I have time.. heh

jdhas

Reaction score

To those that have tried the Fab mod to remove the clock...
Anyone experience any side affects yet? The mod doesn't "modify" anything, it actually completely replaces services.jar, a framework file... ? I'd love to know from Fab where the services.jar originated.. Also, how it was modified.. *sigh*.. I'd much rather take the stock Focused services.jar and mod it, to just blindly installing a services.jar of unknown origins....

(Nothing against Fab on this, I greatly apprecite his work and contributions... nothing short of amazing... just that I'm picky, or paranoid, or.. something, I guess!)

I'm running Fab's clock mod on rubiX Focused 1.6. No problems (other than never knowing what time it is!) so far. Will report back here & on the original mod thread with any findings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Inkarnit

Reaction score
So I just had to see about making this blue thing complete... Here's what I came up with:

ad479307-82a4-cabd.jpg

bouchigo

Reaction score
Well here is the the theme with the modification I made. You can try to see if it works for you without the force closing.

Make a backup of your current setup in case it doesn't work, so you can restore easily.

Black.Juice.Blue.rubiX.1.6_Batt_Mod.zip

DThomp

Reaction score
Same here about the clock remover mod. No problems so far and its been a few days since I did it.