[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by Juicemane, Nov 8, 2010.

1. bouchigo

bouchigo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I made a backup, that's always the first thing I do.

What I did was follow yawdapaah's guide and modified the framework-res.apk. I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.

yawdapaah's guide here:
    [HOW TO] 10% battery in themed framework apks - Android Forums

2. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a stupid question... but when you say " I got it to work successfully on ApeX 1.0, but for some reason it's causing the force closes I mentioned earlier on certain apps and on my contacts.".. it sounds like you tried to use the SAME framework from apex (a BLUR based ROM... based on 2.3.15), on a Blurless ROM (Focused, based on the Moto SDK)... ? If you actually went through this entire process again for Focused.. it **Might work**... I am actually tempted to try it, because I wanted to make some .xml changes, and was unable to get the Framework to recompile due to the .9.png errors myself, which that guide seems to work-around.

So.. IF you are trying to use the same framework-res.apk from Apex, that's your problem. You need to do it again for Focused Framework-res.

If you actually went through it again for Focused.. *cough* disregard... heh

3. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To those that have tried the Fab mod to remove the clock...
    Anyone experience any side affects yet? The mod doesn't "modify" anything, it actually completely replaces services.jar, a framework file... ? I'd love to know from Fab where the services.jar originated.. Also, how it was modified.. *sigh*.. I'd much rather take the stock Focused services.jar and mod it, to just blindly installing a services.jar of unknown origins....

(Nothing against Fab on this, I greatly apprecite his work and contributions... nothing short of amazing... just that I'm picky, or paranoid, or.. something, I guess!)

4. bouchigo

bouchigo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I didn't use the same framework-res.apk as I did for ApeX 1.0; I figured it wouldn't work. I used the framework-res.apk from rubiX Focused 1.6.

You should try it, maybe you can get it to work :)

5. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was planning on it.. I was going to play with removing the clock and battery completely from the notification bar... but I was going to do it via the framwork, rather than the services.jar.. I know a few things that might be kinda cool to play with in .xml.. but unfortunately, I wasn't able to compile it before... I'll play with this when I have time.. heh

6. jdhas

jdhas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running Fab's clock mod on rubiX Focused 1.6. No problems (other than never knowing what time it is!) so far. Will report back here & on the original mod thread with any findings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7. Inkarnit

Inkarnit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just had to see about making this blue thing complete... Here's what I came up with:

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

8. bouchigo

bouchigo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well here is the the theme with the modification I made. You can try to see if it works for you without the force closing.

Make a backup of your current setup in case it doesn't work, so you can restore easily.

Black.Juice.Blue.rubiX.1.6_Batt_Mod.zip

9. DThomp

DThomp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here about the clock remover mod. No problems so far and its been a few days since I did it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. basixs

basixs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the hard work here Juicemane, everything about this theme is awesome. Except that is for the buttons, I just can't read them very well. Would you mind posting where the button color is??

I found online where it's supposed to be: framework-res.apk/res/values/styles.xml
    But alas, that file does not exist...

11. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try:
    framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/btn_default_*

12. basixs

basixs New Member

Ratings:
    +0

That is all the button images, I am talking about the button text color...

Search tags for this page
bbm cute
black them

black theme

black themes
ñ‡ðµñ€ð½ð°ñ ñ‚ðµð¼ð°
process.com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp

theme

theme pic
theme pics
themes black