The Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 - Multiple Phones

mr_manny

Reaction score
guess no one else has encountered a default launcher Force Closing on occasion?

has happened only twice since jumping onto 3.0.

I get the "tap on the android" screen...work around is to simply reboot.

also running standard kernel, may try something faster.

thanks

chewy74

Reaction score
for the people experiencing the LP and general lag on UD3.0 if you were running Chevy's GB kernels try LGB's kernels. I just flashed from chevys and right away i noticed a huge difference. I will keep running and report back

Index of /DL/LGB/KERNELS

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
for the people experiencing the LP and general lag on UD3.0 if you were running Chevy's GB kernels try LGB's kernels. I just flashed from chevys and right away i noticed a huge difference. I will keep running and report back

Index of /DL/LGB/KERNELS

+1 ... flashed the 1200 last night and it's been running smooth all day long. My battery hates me now though :D

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
DL this last night, no real problems except it started to lag after about 10hrs of use. ADW still FC's on me, a lot so switching to Launcher Pro.

I tried clearing Dalvik, Cashe as well. Running better but not as good as when it first booted up. Like others i'll try another Kernel.

LiquorBox

Reaction score
Cameras a bit wonky as well. Vibrates like crazy on hardware button & FC sometimes.

Does the camcorder work in this build? I flashed UD 3.0 and made a backup, but I forgot to check the camera and camcorder. I guess I could restore my backup, but it'd be easier hearing from someone else. :)

Camcorder STILL does not work. Never has with UD 3.0. Sux. I'd donate to have a working camcorder.

Sent from my GB Incredible

Works fine with mine.

chewy74

Reaction score
"phone Googles" feature in UD settings...

what is it and what does it do?

I did search, but didnt find anything really useful

Mamba94

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the LED not working for text messages? I don't know if it's the ROM or Handcent.

*Nevermind it started working*

Last edited:

compton

Reaction score
unplugged for 3hours and 10mins im @ 10% battery life

Interactive via setcpu on Raidzero kernel
1ghz
400mhz

I guess GPS is heavy drainage on the battery. I just navigated to LA and back home...

droid_guru

Reaction score
Any time i use GPS, its plugged into AC. Even on the stock droid1 rom, the battery life with GPS sucked....

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Sweet! I like to enable compcache on my phone, and apparently the "bundled" kernel does not support it. I had been using Winner00's build of the CM nightlies and Prime has a kernel that enables compcache and uses an overclock.zip file in lieu of SetCPU if desired. Well, I flashed the kernel and it works with UD, seems to be stable and snappier and compcache is showing up as enabled! Don't know if this is news to anyone or at all useful, but thought I would share with the group.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
Anyone know which file controls the signal color to turn green when connected to google? I would like to change it so it stays white no matter what... the green drives me nuts haha.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I ll download once droid x version is fully finished

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
The only problem Im having is with setcpu. WHen I charge my phone, it goes to 400/125. after I unplug it, it still says 400/125 although its supposed to be at 800/125

mdgmcse

Reaction score
"phone Googles" feature in UD settings...

what is it and what does it do?

I did search, but didnt find anything really useful

It is sort of a play on "beer goggles" but more along the lines of "drunk dialing" or "drunk texting" in that you can set it up so that certain contacts (ex-girlfriends) during certain hours (after 2am...) require some math problems or other "enhanced authentication" for you to either call or text message so that you don't do something you regret the next day. If you want to see more, just go into the settings and you can see things are pretty self-explanatory. These types of things make me glad I don't drink!

ACC131

Reaction score
has anyone found a fix or reason as to the issue of the setcpu widget not updating? even when u manually adjust the scaling options, the numbers on the widget do not change.