The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, but why would you do a wipe if you're not planning on flashing a new ROM, or restoring an old one, or sbf-ing to stock or something? when would the need ever arise to wipe but not flash?

Chipster

Reaction score
I'm confused, but why would you do a wipe if you're not planning on flashing a new ROM, or restoring an old one, or sbf-ing to stock or something? when would the need ever arise to wipe but not flash?

Generally - I wouldn't But today - two answers.. 1) Because I can. And 2) to explore where the extra flash memory consumption of UD10 is coming from. Between UDE8 and UD10 - the UD10 update is actually a bit smaller than UDE8 - but after apps are reloaded - UD10 still eats a lot more /data space.

fth

Reaction score
I heard the maker of UD has his phone on cricket service... is that true?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there has to be an easier fix to the launcherpro thing. I tried just moving to data/app and it didn't work. I have had success doing that in the past. It's pretty annoying to have to delete LP, install another launcher and then reinstall LP again just to get it to update.

Is it really that time consuming to delete it, reboot, reinstall, restore settings and replace your widgets? I think it took me under 5 minutes. Not trying to be a smarta$$, but it just doesnt seem to be much of a hassle considering you only have to do it one time and then you are good to go.

If you use the option in Launcher Pro (may only be in the Plus version??) to backup the LP settings to your sdcard, you can use the restore function and you get everything back except the widgets. Sure seemed easy to me too. YMMV!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[QUOTE
Generally - I wouldn't But today - two answers.. 1) Because I can. And 2) to explore where the extra flash memory consumption of UD10 is coming from. Between UDE8 and UD10 - the UD10 update is actually a bit smaller than UDE8 - but after apps are reloaded - UD10 still eats a lot more /data space.[/QUOTE]

Just a question: Are you using UD10 or UD1.0? And if it's 10, why? Not trying to be snarky. I'm really curious.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcherpro didn't back up any of my desktop visualizer icons. Oh well just have to redo them all, no biggie just a little time consuming.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Chipster

Reaction score
[QUOTE
Generally - I wouldn't But today - two answers.. 1) Because I can. And 2) to explore where the extra flash memory consumption of UD10 is coming from. Between UDE8 and UD10 - the UD10 update is actually a bit smaller than UDE8 - but after apps are reloaded - UD10 still eats a lot more /data space.

Just a question: Are you using UD10 or UD1.0? And if it's 10, why? Not trying to be snarky. I'm really curious.[/QUOTE]

UD10 short for 1.0 - the latest (actually UD1.0v2 - updated night of 10/12). Guess I need to get consistent.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcherpro didn't back up any of my desktop visualizer icons. Oh well just have to redo them all, no biggie just a little time consuming.

Doh! Sorry man, I know mine did, although I can't explain why it worked for me and didn't work for you...but as mentioned there really was no other way around it since Launcherpro is the default launcher in this ROM...

BigMace23

Reaction score
The new youtube app isn't installing either... I guess I'll try to delete the current one and download the new one from the market

EDIT: This method worked

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Doh! Sorry man, I know mine did, although I can't explain why it worked for me and didn't work for you...but as mentioned there really was no other way around it since Launcherpro is the default launcher in this ROM...
It's cool, it actually inspired me to change some stuff around anyway, so in the end I made the best of it. I need to learn to theme my own icons and it would make it much much easier. Someday when I have enough time I may give it a whirl.

fth

Reaction score
adb superuser permissions are denied... can someone help???

djembeman

Reaction score
Built in Overclocking=low performance.

So, i've really given the stock Slayer kernel a chance with this Rom. It's the first Slayer kernel that has run well/cool on my phone ever. Using built in overclocking (interactive) my best Quadrant score was 1000. I turned off built in overclocking installed SetCPU and on interactive governing my scores went back into 1350-1390 like when Iwas running P3Droid.

Streaming Flash video using built in OC'ing performance was horrible as well. Audio would play straight through, but the video was extremely choppy, getting a still picture every 1-3 seconds. Using the same kernel governed by SetCPU streaming Flash videos is back to how it was on previous Roms.

The stock slayer kernel is still running cool, not as cool as built in OC'ing, but acceptable and as good as P3Droid kernels on my phone.

Bottom line: Don't throw out the stock kernel without experimenting first.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm trying to apply the red Droid X red shatter bootanimation but am having trouble getting it to work. I've tried placing the file in both the data/local and system/media Giles..no luck. Suggestions?