The Pure vs Skinned divide

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Considering my post was entirely about nexus devices, I don't really understand what your point is. Nexus devices are supposed to be updated instantaneously. I don't understand the "worth the wait" ideal you bring forth because it's not like Verizon is optimizing the software that Google gives them, but rather they just take their time to release the exact same update that should have been released months prior. The software verification process at VZW blows. Your point may seem relevant to non-nexus phones, but considering I was only talking about nexus devices, I don't see the correlation. Could you also tell me what "knowing how that works and went it takes longer to come out." even means? I literally can't even comprehend the sentence.

Except you have to understand that verizon is a control freak and wants to control everything. Vzw have no intentions of letting google update devices on their network. Vzw wants say on every aspect and that is why having a google device on their network never really worked and probably will never happen again.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Except you have to understand that verizon is a control freak and wants to control everything. Vzw have no intentions of letting google update devices on their network. Vzw wants say on every aspect and that is why having a google device on their network never really worked and probably will never happen again.

I fully understand that Verizon is a control freak. This is why on page 2 of this thread my intial post reads as follows: "I have been forced to now leave Verizon and look into other options regarding carriers compatible with unlocked Google Play Nexus devices such as AT&T and T-Mobile. I want no carrier interference and I want instant software updates, directly from Google." ​VZW being a control freak is the entire reason I will be leaving Verizon.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I fully understand that Verizon is a control freak. This is why on page 2 of this thread my intial post reads as follows: "I have been forced to now leave Verizon and look into other options regarding carriers compatible with unlocked Google Play Nexus devices such as AT&T and T-Mobile. I want no carrier interference and I want instant software updates, directly from Google." ​VZW being a control freak is the entire reason I will be leaving Verizon.

That is one of the reasons I left. Been on At&t and havent looked back. LTE speeds on par, customer service just as helpful and friendly, and call reliability is no where near what I feared when I stayed with vzw. All in all I am satisfied with att.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
View attachment 65358

Note 2 stock email

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Still haven't been able to find scheduled sending in touchdown or any other app. Only app that will somewhat do it is boomerang but that only works with Gmail. Those that said it can be done what am I missing?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I now know why I couldn't find it or why no one could answer my question.

uploadfromtaptalk1376593540592.jpg

Hopefully an app in the future will be able to do it.