Android Dissected: Skin Cancer Awareness Month And The #blackoutyourphone Project

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com

May is skin cancer awareness month. I thought this would be a good place to share a bit about skin cancer, and what we can do about it. This isn’t going to be your typical “let’s raise money for this cause” article. This is about knowledge and prevention. First I’d like to share with you a little information about skin cancer. It is much more prevalent than you might think. In America alone, 1 in 5 people will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime. Over the last 30 years, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined. The good news is that in most cases, skin cancer can be prevented by taking precautions to protect yourself.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)

Ophus

Reaction score
I want to take a moment to thank you for promoting this. I had a place removed at the age of 37 it was melanoma. Melanoma can metastasis in as little as 2 months and spread all through your body. The place I had removed was on my leg for at least 1 year. I was very lucky and it had not spread. I have been cancer free for 7 years now and am fortunate to be alive. I have known several people since, who were not so lucky and have passed due to skin cancer, one as young as 30. Please do yourself and your loved ones a favor and get checked! It is as simple as letting your doctor look at your skin.

Last edited: