The only design flaw on this phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matth3w

Wil, you have some points...but nothing is more obnoxious on an internet forum than someone claiming to have owned someone or "destroying their post" or (in the case of another user I witnessed the other day) saying "I don't have time to break down your stupid post" or "I usually own people like you on the internet". Don't break your arm patting yourself on your back. You're not God's gift to DroidForums and neither is anyone else. When you make obnoxious statements like that it discredits the real points you have. Just my .02

wil318466

Reaction score
Wil, you have some points...but nothing is more obnoxious on an internet forum than someone claiming to have owned someone or "destroying their post". Don't break your arm patting yourself on your back. You're not God's gift to DroidForums and neither is anyone else.

Simply stating fact. If you can give it, as he obviously did in an obnoxious manner because of his own opinion instead of fact, then you better be able to take it.

In fact, if anything everyone attacked Grey Hawk, I just said he had valid points, which he did. No?

Maybe you should read the entire debate from the original post, and notice where the tone went south. It wasn't from me.

-Wil

M

Matth3w

Then take the high road if people are the original culprits and don't digress to their levels. Don't brag about posts you have made...it's just obnoxious. If your posts are that good, filled with fact, and absolutely destroy someone else's post, they will speak for themselves. They won't need you to speak for them.

And you don't need to sign every post with -Wil. That's what your username is for on the left hand side of your post.

wil318466

Reaction score
Then take the high road if people are the original culprits and don't digress to their levels. Don't brag about posts you have made...it's just obnoxious. If your posts are that good, filled with fact, and absolutely destroy someone else's post, they will speak for themselves. They won't need you to speak for them.

And you don't need to sign every post with -Wil. That's what your username is for on the left hand side of your post.

I'll keep that in mind.

-Wil

Reaction score

+1. Would you look at the ego on the guy, jeez!

Just because you and a few others on the forum don't know how to conserve battery life properly doesn't make it a flaw of the phone, rather it is user error.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lets reel it in gentlemen. No use arguing over who's right and wrong.

The majority of users are very happy with the device and there will ALWAYS be the few who have complaints and are not satisfied.

Lets get the thread under control.

Thanks.

moot

Reaction score
i honestly think the battery life issue is a perception thing. Use your device more, and it's going to drain faster, period. Just plug the damn thing in and quit whining. Expecting it to last longer than a laptop with constant use is fantasy. As for the design, I think the Droid is ugly as hell, but I love it's function. If VZ had this exact phone without that godawful slide out keyboard taking up space, I'd have gotten that one, but I'm loving it anyway. Maybe they could have even fit a bigger battery in there ;)

I pretend my droid is a mini laptop, instead of a cellphone and charge it accordingly. :)

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score

Just because you and a few others on the forum don't know how to conserve battery life properly doesn't make it a flaw of the phone, rather it is user error.
You are a fanboy. Users shouldn't have to change their habits just because the phone can't keep up with what I deem normal use. Would you be happy with a Ford that only got 10 miles to the gallon and I told you to start using hypermilage techniques to get a decent and industry average mpg? No. So stop thinking this phone is flawless. Until then don't post in this topic.

The worst thing is, I can't even imagine what the battery life is gonna be in a year after use.

Reks

Reaction score

You are a fanboy. Users shouldn't have to change their habits just because the phone can't keep up with what I deem normal use. Would you be happy with a Ford that only got 10 miles to the gallon and I told you to start using hypermilage techniques to get a decent and industry average mpg? No. So stop thinking this phone is flawless. Until then don't post in this topic.

The worst thing is, I can't even imagine what the battery life is gonna be in a year after use.

I'm curious to know what other phones you have used that are equivalent to the Droid in terms of processing power.

Also improvements to batteries are entirely viable.

Most people don't purchase cars just because they just have good gas mileage, they also take into account form and function. If you're concerned entirely about the battery life you get with this type of smart phone perhaps you should just revert back to a simple one that can last days on standby or a blackberry curve like your girlfriend. Your assessments of the phone doesn't take all its features into account. The battery life is obviously a minus but it is weighed against how many pluses?

If you're quick to call someone else a fanboy then I'd be inclined to just call you a hater.

Reaction score
The phone has flaws, just none of what you posted can be considered that. If you didn't notice, only like one other person agrees with you. This would indicate user error.

wil318466

Reaction score
The phone has flaws, just none of what you posted can be considered that. If you didn't notice, only like one other person agrees with you. This would indicate user error.

No, you are right. I just went to the top bar, typed in "Battery life" under the search function of these forums, and low and behold, the 20 pages of results that came up were obviously a glitch.

Can we get a mod to fix the search function? We have a case of, I'm sorry, what term did we use? Oh. User error.

There is obviously no swaying your opinion, especially when I come to the table with facts which you conveniently ignore when they don't support your side.

What you can't see that is really going on is in these forums there is a deep trend of people scared to criticize or point out flaws in the Droid. In the cases where these kinds of posts have been made, there has been an attitude to ignore the problem or belittle the person who made the post. This is ignorant and just plain stupid. Saying "sell your phone then" is not a way to address an issue. Being helpful and understanding the other person's point of view is.

I saw a post a few days ago where someone said "As a community lets not reply to this post". In my eyes that attitude accomplishes nothing. You want to create an environment where everyone trips over each other to agree and compliment every aspect of something? Trust me when I tell you, you'll be bored pretty quickly. Its a good way to kill your forum rather than grow it.

I've been around a little while, trust me, I know. That's not ego, thats a person who's been posting to BBS's when we had 150 baud modems that cost 200 dollars.

I'm done with this thread, as responding to you and your childish attitude/insults are a bigger waste of my time than yours, as I actually know a few things and you speak out of ignorance.

-WIL

Reaction score
I'm not scared to criticize my phone if there is an actual issue. I did search battery, yes there were 20 pages, did you happen to even look at the thread titles? I skimmed just the first page and don't think I saw battery listed in the title. Come to the table with facts, LMAO!

Do the advanced search for battery in the thread title. Once again, first page of results has maybe like 5 threads saying the battery is bad. Other ones relate to things about battery, but not about it being bad.

Stop getting all butt hurt, and deflate your ego, all we hear is whine whine whine.

M

Matth3w

I've been around a little while, trust me, I know. That's not ego, thats a person who's been posting to BBS's when we had 150 baud modems that cost 200 dollars.
You know what the most hilarious thing about your egotism is?

You talk about how tech savy you are, how much you know, blah blah. And yet in the profile section it tells you -

Please tell us what current primary phone is. This will better assist the community in helping you diagnose and fix your problem. Note: DO NOT put your phone number in this field. We don't need that information, we are interested in the MODEL of your phone.
- and yet, there you go, where it asks for phone MODEL...you have your ****ing phone number broadcasting to the world.

Yeah, you impress everyone with your technical know-how and all your experience since modems cost 200 bucks. When you can follow simple instructions and not look foolish by publicly broadcasting your personal cell phone number on an internet forum, you can probably afford to cast a few stones from your glass house.

Until then, I would advise against casting those stones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.