How about faster orientation switching, like on iPhones?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow what a thread bump.

Anyways onto topic. iOS has smoother animations because of the way the os is programmed. I believe it takes all resources to the current action (whether it be switching orientation, scrolling, zooming, etc.) while Android tries to load whatever it is at the same time. I can't find the article right now, but that's the main point of the article iirc. Say you were loading the same webpage on the iPhone and an Android phone. When you scroll while it's loading the iPhone will scroll more smoothly because it stops loading the page and uses all the resources to scroll. Android on the other hand will scroll while loading therefore, more lag. Now when both pages are done loading the iPhone will still be smoother because of how the OS handles it.

I also recall reading an article saying that Android could've been as smooth as iOS, but that would've required them to start from the ground up again. The basics were laid out for them and they just improved and added onto what was there. Why they didn't choose to do that, I don't know, but Android is pretty smooth the way it is imo. It may not be as smooth as iOS, but considering what each OS can do, I'd rather have Android the way it is.