The official "I've got my Galaxy S3" thread!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I've had mine (16GB blue) since Tuesday, and I've noticed great battery life (as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm not a "power user"), great 4G speeds (50 ms ping, 19,577 DL, 22728 UL) and a fast, smooth, zippy performance. Calls sound great, and I LOVE that big, bright, clear screen! Wifey likes it too, it's much lighter than her iPhone, and she loves how customizable it is. So...no complaints here!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I've had mine (16GB blue) since Tuesday, and I've noticed great battery life (as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm not a "power user"), great 4G speeds (50 ms ping, 19,577 DL, 22728 UL) and a fast, smooth, zippy performance. Calls sound great, and I LOVE that big, bright, clear screen! Wifey likes it too, it's much lighter than her iPhone, and she loves how customizable it is. So...no complaints here!

Awesome to hear you guys are enjoying them!! Congrats!!

Markee

Reaction score
Friend just got his. In weak signal area my Motorola RAZR has a stronger signal and better call quality than the Samsung SIII. Has anyone seen any signal strength issues with the Samsung?

mkstn

Reaction score
Hell yes it is terrible.... this phone is suppose to be state of the art! Will be taking a trip to Verizon tomorrow morning.

mesii23

Reaction score
mkstn said:
Hell yes it is terrible.... this phone is suppose to be state of the art! Will be taking a trip to Verizon tomorrow morning.

Agreed, so far it's the only things I don't like about the phone, it totally terrible

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have one and my wife has one and both of bus get great reception just like we did with the razor maxx and droid charge. But both of are S3 drop internet all the time. It always comes back on sometimes right away and sometimes it takes a few minutes to come on. Does anyone else have this problem

myersdtm

Reaction score
I've had mine for over a week now - quite a step from my old Droid 2 - big and beautiful, but so much lighter. Sometimes I can't remember which pocket I put it in it's so light. That was never a problem with the Droid2.:biggrin: Seriously, I've had a chance to put it through its paces, and the only problem I can report is that a couple of times, both in the morning when I unplugged it from the charger, the phone grew hot as blazes and I could literally watch the battery drain as I looked at the screen (The S III, of course, has the percentage in crisp, clear double digits, unlike the Droid 2, which only showed increments of 10 percentage points). I looked at what was causing the most battery drain, and it was some program running in the background, the name of which I forget. Anyway, it wasn't the problem, because I quickly force closed it, and the battery continued to drain. Finally, I just rebooted the phone and - voilla - problem solved. I love the phone. It thoroughly lives up to the "hype", and my neighbor with an iphone4S is visibly jealous. But I wish I knew what caused this little glitch. It's easily remediable, but still.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
myersdtm said:
I've had mine for over a week now - quite a step from my old Droid 2 - big and beautiful, but so much lighter. Sometimes I can't remember which pocket I put it in it's so light. That was never a problem with the Droid2.:biggrin: Seriously, I've had a chance to put it through its paces, and the only problem I can report is that a couple of times, both in the morning when I unplugged it from the charger, the phone grew hot as blazes and I could literally watch the battery drain as I looked at the screen (The S III, of course, has the percentage in crisp, clear double digits, unlike the Droid 2, which only showed increments of 10 percentage points). I looked at what was causing the most battery drain, and it was some program running in the background, the name of which I forget. Anyway, it wasn't the problem, because I quickly force closed it, and the battery continued to drain. Finally, I just rebooted the phone and - voilla - problem solved. I love the phone. It thoroughly lives up to the "hype", and my neighbor with an iphone4S is visibly jealous. But I wish I knew what caused this little glitch. It's easily remediable, but still.

Just install a custom ROM, they take out all the bloat ware and helps to save battery life

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Just install a custom ROM, they take out all the bloat ware and helps to save battery life

sorry to interject .....question on this one, doesnt the S3 have to be rooted to take out the bloatware ?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
sorry to interject .....question on this one, doesnt the S3 have to be rooted to take out the bloatware ?

If you're installing a custom rom, like AdamPA1006 is talking about, then you'll have to be rooted.

With ICS, some of the bloat can be frozen natively from within the OS without the need for root. If you're rooted, you can freeze more. Taking bloatware completely off the phone isn't a good idea unless you're installing a custom rom that already has it removed. If you completely remove the bloatware from your phone, and then want to do an OTA update later, it will fail. The bloat needs to be there in order for it to update properly.

author

Reaction score
got my S3 yesterday! (they made me wait a few days but wound up giving it to me about a week early). ;-)

love it!

--Ralph

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I have an upgrade, and I am really tempted to get this......it seems like devs are making progress on the boot loader so I will see what happens there. I really want the Note 2 though :-(

mkstn

Reaction score
I am on day ten & no problems. This phone is very fast! Love the big bright screen. Battery is ok but not steller. Suggest you get a spare if you sre a heavy user and not around power. All in all I really like it.