The Official "I got my LG G3" Thread!

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Here's a question - I have a Note 3, and it's just not for me. I had an S3 and loved it, and my work phone is an S5 so why get two of them. I'm ready to move away from Samsung for awhile to try something new. My dad wants my Note 3 and is giving me his upgrade. I'm really leaning towards the G3, but I'm a little worried about size.

One of the things that I don't like about the Note 3 is that I have a hard time balancing it when I'm typing and it doesn't feel right in my hands. The G3 at the store had that security stuff on it, so I didn't get a good in hand sense of it. Size wise it sits between the S5 and Note 3.

How is the in-hand experience feelings for folks? It's big, but is it too big? Anyone else coming from a Note 3 experience?

jspradling7

Reaction score
My wife has had the Note 2 and Note 3 and I hate how both of them felt.

My G3 is bigger than I want but I can use it a lot better than I can the Note series phones for some reason. The only "real" reason I got my G3 was because I like my G2 so much.

Look at this link and you can see how the G3 fits in between the S5 and the Note 3 in size.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...3,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3/phones/8202,8347,7984

Last edited:

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
MailboxHead, Ive got the Note II, Note 3 and the G3. I prefer the larger Note 3, the G3 has on screen buttons and feels much smaller IMO than the Note 3.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Just jumped from a droid razr maxx and this thing is a beast. Can't wait to root it this weekend and get tethering going again. What's the consensus on the best root option? Yay new phone, micro sd, removable battery, and I kept my UDP. Sweet.

jfriend33

Reaction score
On day two of my lg g3. Loving the screen size. Love the knock on knock off. The battery only drained 4 percent overnight.

I do miss active notifications, and quick capture. Also assist. But there's a few work arounds to achieve this.

I was only charging my maxx every other day sometimes every two days. I figured based on my habits I could afford a smaller battery. Plus this has a removable battery.

Oh and it's great for accessories to not have a carrier exclusive device!

NYDaddy

Reaction score
I have had my G3 for 5 days now and well I don't like it. I FREAKING LOVE IT! Never have I been more pleased with a phone purchase. I narrowed it down to the G3 or M8 but the G3 won me over with the screen and being great at everything. If you put high quality front facing stereo speakers on this puppy you have the perfect phone. looking forward to getting a circle case for wireless charging. I think that is the only case that supports wireless charging? but I could be wrong.

dandeman

Reaction score
Waited until the LG G3 was available to replace my aging Motorola RAZR... Absolutely love the G3 and comparing it to the recently announced Iphones, it is still far ahead of the game.. 5.5" display yet overall phone dimensions smaller so better in hand feel, higher resolution camera and QHD display, supports Slimport USB and so on...

Wasn't sure about how I would like the buttons on the back of the phone, but turns out, it is a better idea, than having them on the side, especially for a larger phone.

I originally was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S5 until I saw leaks about the G3 that would come to market..

Glad I waited for th G3..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats.. I have the G3 as well and love this phone...

jfriend33

Reaction score
I love the g3 but miss the Motorola radio. I was getting lots of 1x up in Wisconsin but I was in a metal mobile home in the woods. I wish I had my droid maxx with to do a real comparison. Oh well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I've had the g3 for about a month now and love it

I love the g3 but miss the Motorola radio. I was getting lots of 1x up in Wisconsin but I was in a metal mobile home in the woods. I wish I had my droid maxx with to do a real comparison. Oh well.

Congrats guys and enjoy your new toys..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats y'all on the new phones ...and yes Moto radios are top notch so that's always a trade-off with some phones depending on your area ...I'm happy to live in big city don't have those worries ...hope the G3 treats y'all well ...enjoy them

M8 tap'd

cmorty72

Reaction score
Loving this device! It's my first LG since the Voyager. Been using Motorola devices since the OGD. I got my G3 last Wednesday to replace my dying Razr HD Maxx and very impressed! Oddly enough the major selling points were expandable memory and changeable batteries, which is something Motorola seems to have overlooked in quite some time. I was planning on holding out till the release of the Turbo, but after seeing there's no expandable memory or changeable battery, that was a deal breaker.
What kept me with Motorola so long was the awesome radio and build quality. Let's hope my G3 proves just as good.

After rooting and unlocking this device I'm more than impressed! Oddly enough since rooting my battery life has increased! I use my phones continuelessly throughout the day (media, tunes, texting, taking pics, streaming tunes... oh and talking on the phone).

Now the search for a decent cd car mount.

Sent via satellite relays and smoke signals from afar