The Official "I got my LG G3" Thread!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long time no "see"... :) Got mine as well, alongside the S5 - can't figure out which I want to keep.

It's an awesome device but does have its quirks for sure... and the quirks all seem related to the screen, which is pretty incredible. But all around it's a sleek, VERY nice device. I think scotty summed it up really well.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Long time no "see"... :) Got mine as well, alongside the S5 - can't figure out which I want to keep.

It's an awesome device but does have its quirks for sure... and the quirks all seem related to the screen, which is pretty incredible. But all around it's a sleek, VERY nice device. I think scotty summed it up really well.

Haha ...awesome ..keep them both...;)
Good to see ya...

M8 tap'd

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max

You know how much I "Like" Sammy products, so you'll know what my vote is.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Got mine on the 16th from T-Mobile. Since T-Mobile doesn't have a locked bootloader I've rooted and installed TWRP. Have all my root apps installed and all the bloat frozen with Titanium. Also made a backup of the stock images just in case. Changed the screen contrast in settings and would put the screen up with either my S4 or Note 3. Pretty satisfied right now just waiting on development for a better kernel.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok, I love everything about this phone except ONE thing. And it's pretty important to me.

Choppy bluetooth audio playback to my car stereo? NEver had a problem with my S4 but my audio stream from Spotify and google maps is pretty bad. Pandora hiccups too but not as bad? What gives? Anyone know? Android 4.4.2?

EDIT: Fixed my bluetooth stuttering issue by changing runtime from Dalvik to ART!
Mike is a happy camper now!
:cool:

Last edited:

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
That's great that changing to ART fixed it, Mike. Good to know :)
Ok, I love everything about this phone except ONE thing. And it's pretty important to me.

Choppy bluetooth audio playback to my car stereo? NEver had a problem with my S4 but my audio stream from Spotify and google maps is pretty bad. Pandora hiccups too but not as bad? What gives? Anyone know? Android 4.4.2?

EDIT: Fixed my bluetooth stuttering issue by changing runtime from Dalvik to ART!
Mike is a happy camper now!
:cool:

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Reactions: cr6

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth, Wicked. I did have multiple problems with ART. If it works, good deal. If you start getting weird things, though, it's probably ART.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth, Wicked. I did have multiple problems with ART. If it works, good deal. If you start getting weird things, though, it's probably ART.

After switching to ART yesterday the phone got hot from the process and it shut off but it cooled off right after and haven't had any issues since. So far so good.

@wicked ..if you plan on using Xposed it's not compatible with ART last I looked into it ..

M8 tap'd

I installed Xposed yesterday and tweakbox and have applied a few changes to the phone. No issues yet. :D

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You sure ART remained ? I know for the M8 when you run Xposed it switches to dalvik...hmmmm

M8 tap'd
wow, you're right! It's on Dalvik now but no bluetooth stuttering like I had before when it was out of the box!