The Official I Got My Galaxy S5 Thread

Wulf1

Reaction score
I skipped on the S5 cause it wasn't enough to jump of note 3. I did however ordered the S5 active and should have it on Monday. Its got 14 days to let it convince me it's worth keeping :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Nice! Let us know what you think of it ☺
I skipped on the S5 cause it wasn't enough to jump of note 3. I did however ordered the S5 active and should have it on Monday. Its got 14 days to let it convince me it's worth keeping :)

SwiftKeyed & sent via Tapatalk

Wulf1

Reaction score
Nice! Let us know what you think of it ☺

SwiftKeyed & sent via Tapatalk

Phone is OK, not as rugged as I thought.

Camera lens is raised a little higher and could be prone to scratches and If phone is laid face down there really isn't much to protect it. A bumper case could fix this but the point of getting this phone is so I can use it without one lol.

Going to give it a few days and see if it will grow if not back it goes and I'll stick with Note3:)

Dingbat

Reaction score
Got mine 2 days ago and very pleased. Am a Moto fan but made the plunge. Very nice screen. The only thing so far is ring volume-very low. I tried Volume+ with no effect. But then I turned the S5 and when back on, volume was good. Bottom line: very happy. No regrets.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats. Enjoy your new toy.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I've had my S5 for 2 months - had an S3 previously... definitely glad I waited as I was considering switching over to the HTC ONE

Anyone here use a Screen Protector?
Congrats... Enjoy your new toy..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats Spencer! My other half uses Verizon's tempered glass screen protector and loves it. It was only 18 bucks from Verizon with our employee discount. Regularly 28 I think.

tap'n on my S5

DaudIonut

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5 + Galaxy S3 (I9300)
Hi droids! First of all I have to tell you, that today I registered here, and I like this forum, is great!
On Topic: I received my S5 two days ago, and from the beginning I fell in love with it. Before it I owned a I9300 which was one of the best phones I had. I shot about 50 pictures with the S5 in those 2 days, and the most of them were in a very poor light, but the details left me speechless. I find more attractive the capacitive key that sends you to the apps that are kept in the RAM memory than the menu key. The heart beat sensor works fine (I couldn't compare it with a professional tool) but pretty much works as I expected - well. I don't use the finger print scanner, because is a pretty big phone, and I unlock a lot of times per day, and when I receive the message: "Please swipe the entire pad" I lose time and I hate it.
Here you have two pictures, one shot in the low light, and one with the outdoor light, which comes from behind the building.
20140727_133729.jpg

mh9kld.jpg

My only question is: I live in Germany, and I ordered the phone from 1und1 network. But when I received the pack and opened I saw that I have the USB 2.0 data cable and not the USB 3.0 which should come with it. What cable did you received and where do you live?

P.S. I'm sorry for bad English, but is not my native language.

Last edited:
OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats and welcome to the Forum.
Someone with an S5 will be along to answer your data cable question.