Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If camera quality plays an important role in your next smartphone purchase, you'll want to read this article from iMore. iPhone 5s vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One M8: Camera shootout! | iMore

They take the iPhone 5S, HTC One (M8) & the Galaxy S5 and run them through a number of different photographic scenarios to see which camera performs the best in real world settings. While they all look great on paper, which camera do you think produces the best overall picture?
Judge for yourself and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I'll be interested in taking some time to view that video tonight because camera quality and features *most definitely* are going to play a large roll in my choice of phones. :)

SwiftKeyed via Tapatalk from my S3 or N7

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
IMO, the colors look better on the S5.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
ooops, sorry, I said 'video.' It was an article. A very detailed comparison, wow. Well, for me, off the bat, while it's interesting to see what the iPhone does, as far as personal comparison in choosing a phone, it's out of the running anyway. But between the S5 and M8... I think the S5 absolutely blows the M8 away. The M8's photos of the sky were always purple looking, and almost all of it's photos were overly dark, and most of them weren't as 'crisp' (technical term, lol)
There were only a couple of photos in that whole comparison where I thought the M8 did better.

I'll be interested to hear what my guy has to say about the comparison. Unlike me, he understands what all of that photographic lingo means and knows how to use it. But even to these untrained eyes of mine, the S5 is the clear camera winner. IMHO, of course :)

Germanniles

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Galaxy S4 due to the attractive price and I'd appreciate some actual feedback. I know it's not the latest and greatest and won't be supported for much longer but that's ok. Any S4 owners here?

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I'm thinking of buying a Galaxy S4 due to the attractive price and I'd appreciate some actual feedback. I know it's not the latest and greatest and won't be supported for much longer but that's ok. Any S4 owners here?

I bought one for my dad awhile back bc I thought it was time he learned how to use email (that never panned out) but I go to spend a lot of time playing with it setting it up for him.

While my dad thinks it is a calculator with the Yankees' score it's actually an amazing smart phone.

I now own the s5 and I love it but the s4 isn't far off. It is snappy, camera is fast and sharp, price is extremely good and it will still probably get one more update on the OS.

If you are rooting I would say hell yes buy it. If u are going to run stock then I'd warn u the touch whiz is interface samsung put on it is clumsy and ugly.

Also are you buying an upgrade or off contract. If buying an upgrade spring the extra few bucks for the s5. If not then yeah maybe save 400 bucks and buy an s4. The s4 is a great phone if you don't mind the in your face interface and the hardware is side is almost identical to s5.