The Official I Got My Galaxy S5 Thread

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You got it!! Congrats. Share your thoughts here.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Let's get them phones y'all ...and I see only 16gb models available now ..

N3 tap

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm considering grabbing one of these to toy with.. Convince me people..

1coopgt

Reaction score
Pre-ordered mine at lunch time today . Should be here Friday . Also went to Amazon.com and ordered 64gb micro sd card and a Trident case . The waiting sucks now. LOL

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Pre-ordered mine at lunch time today . Should be here Friday . Also went to Amazon.com and ordered 64gb micro sd card and a Trident case . The waiting sucks now. LOL
Congrats. Let us know your thoughts after you get it all setup.

dumbass

Reaction score
My verizon pre-order shows that my GS5 shipped today for a Friday 4/11 delivery.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Mine arrived a couple hours ago. Working on setting it up now. So far my initial impressions are very good.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats guys. Let's have your first impressions.

Need some help? Check out the S5 Guides.

JoDroid

Reaction score
Received mine today ...... slight learning curve from the S3 :wink-b:

I have one slight problem/dislike: the lower left on the S3 was a button that when pushed, depending on what app you were in or on the home screen brought up a list of options for that app or home screen. Now that button on the S5 is a list of places you have accessed last and the task screen. Now some of the apps I have don't have full functions without that button. Example: Chase Bank App - That button brought up Deposits, Payments & Transfers etc. but now I do not have any way of accessing them. Is this function button found somewhere else. I really do not have any use for 'where I have been reacently' but that button as a function button was much more useful to me. I am hoping it is someplace else but I haven't found it as yet ...... anyone else?

debdroid1a

Reaction score

I have one slight problem/dislike: the lower left on the S3 was a button that when pushed, depending on what app you were in or on the home screen brought up a list of options for that app or home screen. Now that button on the S5 is a list of places you have accessed last and the task screen. Now some of the apps I have don't have full functions without that button. Example: Chase Bank App - That button brought up Deposits, Payments & Transfers etc. but now I do not have any way of accessing them. Is this function button found somewhere else. I really do not have any use for 'where I have been reacently' but that button as a function button was much more useful to me. I am hoping it is someplace else but I haven't found it as yet ...... anyone else?

How are you replying to this forum without it? I used the quote feature.

I got mine and really like it, but I did like the menu button also. My Droid 4 had 4 buttons and I liked those.

I've changed the home screen to ADW launcher and prefer that. Still have to add my widgets.

JoDroid

Reaction score
How are you replying to this forum without it? I used the quote feature.

I think you misunderstood what I am talking about ..... has nothing to do with the buttons on this forum.... talking about the buttons on the Galaxy S5 :question:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood what I am talking about ..... has nothing to do with the buttons on this forum.... talking about the buttons on the Galaxy S5 :question:

I understood. What I was asking if posting a reply without a quote, where are you pressing? On my Droid 4 I used the menu button.

Gibby22

Reaction score

long pressing the multitasking button acts as an action overflow button

This per the manual & reviewed hereAnandTech | Samsung Galaxy S 5 Review