★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

ulli_shameer

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a precautionary step.. please make a few calls and play music at the loudest volume possible to check for speaker rattling..!
I've had an issue with mine and so did some others.. just make sure it doesn't happen to you..!

jcho123

Reaction score
Picked up my Droid RAZR on 11/11. This is my first upgrade since I had the OG Droid.

I envyed my friends Bionic before this, but man, how much better can a phone get, apparently A LOT.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I was wanting a Bionic bad...but didnt have the money when it launched. So far the RAZR has been nice.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
I went to the VZW store this evening to get a Bionic or Droid 3. Ended up bringing home a Droid Razr. I haven't spent 5min actually playing with it yet (battery from the box only had 10% or so charge). It's charging now, so I can start diving in before bed tonight.

My first impressions are pretty good --but I'm checking out all the issues and annoyances everyone has mentioned on the DF threads.

I'm coming from a ROM'd OG Droid, so one thing I can say is this phone is massive, but ultra-thin! The screen is huge!

UPDATE - DAY TWO: I seriously like this phone, but just as seriously dislike the Social Network UI. It sucks. Gotta read up on how to bypass all that crap and get everything separated, like I want it. I'm not much for aggregated social networking. Everything blurs into one big heap that I personally find unusable.
Another upside... just for phone I played Robo Defense (w/ higher end graphics settings, etc) for approx 2 hours last night -- phone only dropped to 30% from full charge. On my OG Droid, the battery woulda been dead in 30min.

Last edited:

lockman

Reaction score
So far this year, I've had an OG DROID, Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, and since Tuesday, a Razr.
Coming from the Charge, which had an extended battery, this thing feels so tiny. I'm fine with the screen, and think the crap about pentile screens is just that - crap. I'm coming from one of the best screens available so I think I'm qualified to weigh in. The screen is bright, sharp, and not pixelated.
My only gripe is that everything on the screen is smaller, like Moto is trying to create the illusion of it being bigger.
Also, battery life is horrible compared to MY Charge. But I had an extended battery, so it's not a fair comparison.
I got this with the mindset that it was a "rental" til the Nexus dropped. Every Hour that I use the Razr, that becomes less likely. I really like this one.
It is good to be back with Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

NicelowZ

Reaction score
Just picked mine up today!! So far I love it. Quite a step up from my X. My X gave me over a year of good service and will miss it, but was showing its age. The Razr is a night and day difference.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, a bit premature but I ordered mine today. I'll have RAZR happiness Monday. Now for the LOOOOONNNNNGGG 4-day weekend, argh!:blink:

Kimo91

Reaction score
I just got my Razr today and I'm thoroughly impressed with this beast!!! Battery life is way better than my D2G was so far and its blazingly fast. I'm glad I waited and didn't settle for the Bionic :-D

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

Reaction score
Left for delivery from my nearest UPS center 2 hours ago, should come before noon dancedroid
Any idea how long it takes to charge a mostly dead Razr? I can stare at it externally for around 3 hours but if it's longer than that I'll probably die.

jays91ls

Reaction score
had my fair share of android devices , had the bionic recently, too many bugs after the 4th exchanged device verizon let me early upgrade so i got the razor ,call quality is very good ,phone is fast but most of all love how thin it is :icon_ banana:dancedroid:biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Lol! Glad you're happy. I'll be feeling the love of the finely honed RAZR Monday...can't wait.

Last edited: