The LG G6 Comes With 3 Types Of Gorilla Glass

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Feb 26, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,202
    [​IMG]

LG has apparently used some unorthodox methods when it comes to the design of the LG G6. Gorilla Glass 5 is the current latest smartphone glass from Corning. It would stand to reason that new smartphone flagships would just be covered with the latest greatest version of glass. The LG G6 however features 3 different types of Gorilla Glass. The front panel uses Gorilla Glass 3 to allow for a thinner overall device, Gorilla Glass 4 is used to cover the camera because it is the most scratch proof, and the back is covered with Gorilla Glass 5 because it is believed to be the most shatter proof. I am glad that LG used the Gorilla glass 4 for the camera as GG in general is pretty scratch prone.

via @macmixing

2. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I remember when gorilla glass first came out and said gorilla glass 2 is 50% stronger, and gorilla glass 3 is 38% stronger and so on and so on. By now we 'should' be at gg 57 and diamond hardness and scratch resistance...

Disclaimer: the number(s) used as comedic examples percentages are not actual numbers and should not be held in conjunction with actual gg claims. Please refer to gg marketing and website for further information lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +496
    Gorilla Glass for your next portable device. Anything else, and your just monkeying around.

Corning, feel free to use that tag line, just pay my standard fee.

Search tags for this page

lg g6 gorilla glass 3

lg g6 gorilla glass 3 or 4