The LG G6 Comes With 3 Types Of Gorilla Glass

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g6-render-hdr.jpg

LG has apparently used some unorthodox methods when it comes to the design of the LG G6. Gorilla Glass 5 is the current latest smartphone glass from Corning. It would stand to reason that new smartphone flagships would just be covered with the latest greatest version of glass. The LG G6 however features 3 different types of Gorilla Glass. The front panel uses Gorilla Glass 3 to allow for a thinner overall device, Gorilla Glass 4 is used to cover the camera because it is the most scratch proof, and the back is covered with Gorilla Glass 5 because it is believed to be the most shatter proof. I am glad that LG used the Gorilla glass 4 for the camera as GG in general is pretty scratch prone.

via @macmixing

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I remember when gorilla glass first came out and said gorilla glass 2 is 50% stronger, and gorilla glass 3 is 38% stronger and so on and so on. By now we 'should' be at gg 57 and diamond hardness and scratch resistance...

Disclaimer: the number(s) used as comedic examples percentages are not actual numbers and should not be held in conjunction with actual gg claims. Please refer to gg marketing and website for further information lol.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gorilla Glass for your next portable device. Anything else, and your just monkeying around.

Corning, feel free to use that tag line, just pay my standard fee.