The Complete Jellybean Thread

sean9721

Reaction score
How long is the Razr Blade utility supposed to run? This one is idling on the part after starting daemon.

Follow this video. If you are stuck at daemon then you don't have something set right.

[video=youtube;XDV_72mPt4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV_72mPt4k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

reybie

Reaction score
Follow this video. If you are stuck at daemon then you don't have something set right.

Reinstalled the drivers and got past that but failed somewhere in the log wrapper part. I will probably just start over and factory wipe. I must have screwed it up somewhere trying to restore root via ota rootkeeper.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Typed this in this post, but figured it might get noticed better over here. Sorry for the double post...

After upgrading phone wasn't happy (actual soak OTA). Should have left well enough alone and called support. But, tried wiping cache/data, rerooting (razr_blade) and trying to restore apps from Titanium Backup, and in this process I must have chosen something I shouldn't have because it's acting kind of crazy now... Media files won't play, "Verizon login" keeps erroring on initial boot after a factory wipe, headphones & bluetooth don't appear to work, and probably more.

I've done recovery factory reset several times, and reinstalled the udpate zip several times all to no avail. Presumably, something in system folder got changed that is making it unhappy.

I have a feeling a jb fastboot would fix it, but who knows when that'll be available.

Anyway... Is there a way to get ahold of a default system folder and replace the one on the phone via adb or otherwise?

Thanks!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I did that. It fails on step one. Does anybody know what their talking about.
I got the zip file maserati whatever. It fails step 1/17.
Isnt the bootloader locked anyway.
How can i get jb. The update fails. Sbfing fails.
Anyone know how to get update to pass?
It is a ss issue. I uninstalled and renamed the system/bin/logwrapper like many threads state.
Somebody make a video.
I kinda know what im doing but sbfing fails, so I CANT APPLY UPDATE...HELP!!!!?

Download this sbf file http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/220480-ics-fastboot.html

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread and make sure your drivers are up to date.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
help guys im soft bricked
i need to sbf
one forum told me to delete the logwrapper file in system
now i can fully boot
does any body know a sure fire way to sbf my original system (stock) back?
ii can go into recovery but cant sideload any zips cause moto checks for file integrity
i need help....will donate definetly if someone can help me.
sbfing always fails....says first file from xml wont read/write.
hellllllllllp!
email concepttheman at gmail dot com

You can try the ics utility tool.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

reybie

Reaction score
Reinstalled the drivers and got past that but failed somewhere in the log wrapper part. I will probably just start over and factory wipe. I must have screwed it up somewhere trying to restore root via ota rootkeeper.

Factory wipe and installed Root Checker then proceeded with Razr Blade before doing anything else. I'm back with root! Whew!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
if the battery died wtd
after power, vol up and down wtd

Search for the thread where it discusses how to charge the phone when it's dead.

Once that's done if I were you I would redownload the sbf file, make sure all drivers are up to date, make sure youre using the factory usb cable, and try using other usb ports on your computer. Sometimes changing the cable and usb ports does the trick.

kasouti

Reaction score
Is anyone else having weird issues with the physical keyboard? Mine seems to rotate between needing me to hold the shift key down like a pc to do the shift commands and working normally. As well as shift+, creating < instead of ; and shift+. creating : instead of >. I tried doing a search of this thread for keyboard issues and didn't find anything so I apologize if this has been addressed already. After noticing the oddities I even tried to manually shift the keys back and noticed that no matter which keylayout I adjusted it didn't seem to take.

I did wipe the phone after installing the JB update and used Jsnweitzel's download link. I haven't gotten a chance to try reinstalling again and will do that later tonight.

Last edited:

mattjenn

Reaction score
I haven't had that issue but I have had several times auto correct stopped working and had to go into settings turn it off and back on to get it to work again. When it would stop working all it would show in auto correct field is different punctuations. And it only happens for physical keyboard.

reybie

Reaction score
I read someone having trouble with the keyboard too but it sorted itself out after a reboot.

kasouti

Reaction score
I do have the autocorrect issue as well and rebooting seems to fix that. For me, the having to hold down shift like a PC happens at the same time as when the autocorrect disappears. But if no one else is getting < when hitting shift+, then I probably need to reinstall.

DSM4rill

Reaction score
is it cool to assume that it's safe to delete the 'bugtogo.sh' file from the system? ...or should i not...
it looks like there's a few to get rid of.

Krooked247

Reaction score
This is a very well written thread and maintained just as well too. Excellent work to everyone that contributed to this. Thank you.

Krooked All Day...

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Until the jb sbf files drop I would not recommend making any serious changes to the stock system. Install safestrap, backup your stock, restore it to a romslot or just flash an ota based rom and then start tweaking away

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2