The Complete Jellybean Thread

silverfang77

Reaction score
All system files must be present and accounted for. Anything renamed must be named properly. Anything frozen must be defrosted. Custom boot animation must be replaced with default.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
All system files must be present and accounted for. Anything renamed must be named properly. Anything frozen must be defrosted. Custom boot animation must be replaced with default.

Apps Frozen with Titanium Backup are fine and do NOT need to be defrosted. Apps modified, renamed, removed however DO need to be returned to stock. If your custom boot animation is properly placed in /data/local instead of overwriting the stock one in /system/media, it too can be left alone and will remain the default after the update.

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Mmmmm... maybe I think I know what the problem is: I actually uninstalled some applications like the football game and stuff like that. Do I really need those things to update? Else, I need first to recover ICS with fastboot.
Anyway, I decided to erase everything, so it's not a big problem.

Dom1000

Reaction score
Im still waiting for the update... I manually check at least like once an hour im so excited but still waiting

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Mmmmm... maybe I think I know what the problem is: I actually uninstalled some applications like the football game and stuff like that. Do I really need those things to update? Else, I need first to recover ICS with fastboot.
Anyway, I decided to erase everything, so it's not a big problem.

Anything that was allowed to be uninstalled is fine (using the standard settings, apps, clicking the app and selecting uninstall). Anything you had to have root (SU permissions) to remove needs to be restored.

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Anything that was allowed to be uninstalled is fine (using the standard settings, apps, clicking the app and selecting uninstall). Anything you had to have root (SU permissions) to remove needs to be restored.

Yep, I removed something that actually could not be removed through application manager. Ok, later I will try and let you know. I'll reflash ICS and then try to update again.
Many thanks for your help, for now!

silverfang77

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the tip. Now I don't have to lose my boot animation!

How can the upgrade occur with apps remaining frozen? Doesn't that hide them from the phone's system? How can it still detect frozen apps?

Big D

Reaction score
Anyone figure out the Hotspot issue?

That's a no-go for me.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the tip. Now I don't have to lose my boot animation!

How can the upgrade occur with apps remaining frozen? Doesn't that hide them from the phone's system? How can it still detect frozen apps?

The apps are not renamed but there is a app list the system looks at to know what apps are installed and TB removes frozen apps from this list. Therefore when the phone looks at that list the frozen apps are not listed there so it thinks those apps don't exist, bit when an updte checks the system the files are still there and will proceed with the update.

concepttheman

Reaction score
Hey guys
ii was wondering if you or anybody u knew could make a flash able zip obviously moto signed that i could flash from stock recovery.
iI soft bricked my d4 and I could get to recovery.
ii tried to flash original jbs (im on jb official now) but the e: signature fails it.
iI accidentally deleted a log wrapper file trying to flush out any remanents of sstrp.
iI'm on my new d4 now but it is weird....do u know they changed some buttons and such from the furbies?
pplease pm me if u could help.
eeven if I could have a zip that installs sstrp w/o initiating it from inside the phone from a app as i cant get in the phone. To make it clear, i have an old d4 with stock recovery. I wanna flash a signed not zip that won't fail and put as recovery on so I could breath life into it...thanks.