The camera sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow!.. I actually like the Droid pics better.. not as dark.
you know, i imported that into lightroom and lightroom applies a photoshop processing layer, which has more contrast. didn't think about that until after i posted.

sterdroids

Reaction score
then you're not paying attention. lol. like i said, it first pauses the image, then it snaps the pic. this is obvious when you use the flash. the first image will be dark, the 2nd, lit by a flash.

it will take some practice, but if you wait until the image is no longer paused and is live agian, you'll notice a difference in your picture taking abilities.

Honestly what your are saying doesnt make sense and I appreciate the help!! I do!!

I press the shutter half way to get the focus get four green bars most of the time then press the shutter full get a picture in the screen that I want but what happens is the 2nd image is the final result that I dont think I have any control over after I press a full shutter button? What am I missing?

thanks
the 2nd image that you feel like you don't have any control over is because you're not waiting for the 2nd image. you need to continue to NOT move even after the shutter clicks.

like i said, you just need to practice.

if you use the action setting, you're in infinite focus and you'll run into blurry shots less often. here are some example photos i took with my DROID at a football game. the crowd is always moving, so this should show you that it's you and not the camera (well technically it's the camera, but you need to learn how it operates):

2009-11-13195827.jpg

2009-11-13220030.jpg

2009-11-13222458.jpg

Ok I know what your saying now. Basically do not MOVE the Camera when you think its taken the picture then you should get the actual shot a second later after the lag.

but what about if your subject moves like kids? and how do you use flash and action its not an option?

thanks

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think action uses a higher iso, so the flash might not always be as necessary. however, since the flash is not a strobe flash like on a traditional camera, i think you'd be hard-pressed to get it to work to your advantage anyway.

sterdroids

Reaction score
i think action uses a higher iso, so the flash might not always be as necessary. however, since the flash is not a strobe flash like on a traditional camera, i think you'd be hard-pressed to get it to work to your advantage anyway.

thanks for trying to help me but it is the camera! the lag is very bad and try to take pics of your kids when they move with no flash in low light is a joke and cannot really be done well. I hope they fix this somehow as the camera is useless to me and anyone else that wants to point and shoot with their kids fast and grab a shot here or there. Chances are they will miss it over and over due to the lag :(

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think you're going to be hard-pressed to find a phone that can take the kind of pictures you're hoping for. if you're at home playing with the kids, you should just whip out a camera. i would hope you hadn't planned on relying on a phone to capture your precious memories. ;)

sterdroids

Reaction score
i think you're going to be hard-pressed to find a phone that can take the kind of pictures you're hoping for. if you're at home playing with the kids, you should just whip out a camera. i would hope you hadn't planned on relying on a phone to capture your precious memories. ;)

No I didnt real think it would be good but when they pumped the 5mp fact i got excited then only to find its really not good at all to take pics of the kids. then someone who is telling me to get a BB took much better pictures then i could of my kids and they dont know anything about pic taking.

They were incredible pics either but they were much better then mine.

:(

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe you'll have better luck when the update comes out. until then, i'd recommend shooting in action mode to get those shots.

Zozz

Reaction score
I love how people are trying to justify the Droids ****ty camera :)

Honestly, anyone can tell that the pictures taken on the droid suck, I was doing some comparison shots last night and Droid's camera came dead last for me.

Honestly, I hope this is a software issue rather than hw. I'd love to see an improvement on my Droid. Love your phone for what it is guys, don't justify it's inadequacies; let Motorola/Google know.

MAzing87

Reaction score

Honestly, anyone can tell that the pictures taken on the droid suck, I was doing some comparison shots last night and Droid's camera came dead last for me.

Honestly, I hope this is a software issue rather than hw. I'd love to see an improvement on my Droid. Love your phone for what it is guys, don't justify it's inadequacies; let Motorola/Google know.
I'll feel the same way you do if the update doesn't improve the camera. Until then, we can only hope that it's a software issue. I actually hope they add more functionality to the camera app too.

sterdroids

Reaction score
I am not a fanboy for sure but I keep my opinions toned down as I need help in other areas and dont want people not to help.

But I feel the camera is weak but again action mode helped to get me something usable for the meantime so thanks 640

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
WHO CARES ABOUT THE CAMERA!!!!! I dont know about any of you but the camera is a function I rarely use. Who's trying to do photo shoots with a camera phone? Take the pros in your left hand the cons in your right......there are a dozen more PROS than there are CONS. Get over it...its just a cell phone camera.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score

They already know and I love how the iPhone people on all the blogs are focusing on the camera. Its just proof that the Droid is better because thats all you guys can come up with.

You can spot an iPhone user from a mile away! I've had the iPhone and even with the camera difficulties..I still wouldnt go back to the iPhone or ATT.

MAzing87

Reaction score
WHO CARES ABOUT THE CAMERA!!!!! I dont know about any of you but the camera is a function I rarely use. Who's trying to do photo shoots with a camera phone? Take the pros in your left hand the cons in your right......there are a dozen more PROS than there are CONS. Get over it...its just a cell phone camera.
I'll be honest, the camera won't force me to stop using the phone, but I do expect the camera to be more useful than most other camera phones. And some people might have bought the phone with the camera being one of the most important features. Just because you didn't feel the camera was important for you doesn't mean everyone else should feel the same.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not a fanboy for sure but I keep my opinions toned down as I need help in other areas and dont want people not to help.

But I feel the camera is weak but again action mode helped to get me something usable for the meantime so thanks 640

I agree with you here. So thanks for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.