My camera still sucks...what gives?

slammin86

Reaction score
Even after the update, my camera blows. Takes forever to take a picture. I would say a good 15 to 20 sec from when the button is pressed till the time it finally snaps one.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My little cousin was just snapping pics for fun yesterday. She thought it was fairly quick. Maybe you're moving around too much? I haven't really messed around with the camera myself.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It is a phone, so don't expect it to compete with a standalone digital camera.

OP
S

slammin86

Reaction score

I don't. But my blackberry curve and my blackberry pearl both snapped much better pics than this.

REARless

Reaction score

I don't. But my blackberry curve and my blackberry pearl both snapped much better pics than this.

The camera is definitely the achillies heel of the Droid.

I don't mind, because for me the camera is just added fluff. But there are people who really want a quality camera in their phone. Unfortunately, if you are one of these people I would not recommend the Droid to you.

I have heard rumors, in this forum, that they are going to do another software update. But I have yet to see anything conclusive on this.

So I will be using my digital camera for those holiday pics of the family.

Flame away if I am incorrect.

CaptainOzone

Reaction score
Even after the update, my camera blows. Takes forever to take a picture. I would say a good 15 to 20 sec from when the button is pressed till the time it finally snaps one.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
Mine works faster than that, and the movies it takes are really much better than i ever expected from a phone. try some videos of the kids during the holidays.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I did the leaked 2.1 update, I didn't notice any difference with the camera quality or speed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Camera works great with ample lighting... low light situations I find the pictures become a little more grainy.

Reaction score
I find the camera is terrible too way slow if you are taking still objects great anything moving in a little bit of low light not good!!

the video camera is pretty good though.

JCapricorn

Reaction score
The camera full-on sucks in low light situations. However, it's quite nice with well lit scenes.

because it works well in only some of the spaces I would like to use it, it gets a low low score of suckage. Which is too bad, considering it has a nice 5mp camera.

NVash

Reaction score
If its dimly lit or moving, forget it. If someone is willing to pose for a minute or so, its an excellent camera. The video recorder is just amazing, I was blown away.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you reduce the size of the picture (to say 3 MP) it will reduce the time between needed pictures.

darreno1

Reaction score
All they really need to do is clean up the noise in low light situations and this camera would be very good. Like the others said, in well lit surroundings, it's great.

As for the speed, that's something I can easily forgive. Eventually we'll have very fast cameras essentially making the standalone point and shoot obsolete but we're not quite there yet.

RogueKovu

Reaction score
Mine seems to work pretty well... It takes no longer than my previous phone (Voyager) I think its better either way because it has a flash. The only real problem I am finding with the phone in low light situations is that its hard to see what is on the screen on the viewfinder.. But when the camera takes a picture it shows everything.

fvoll24

Reaction score
Ok im sick of every one saying if you want a carmera then buy one, the driod is a phone. My old Black berry took amazing photos. I know the Driod is phone but when a Free phone can take better pics, then something is wrong. When you get a top of the line product you expect top of the line working features is all. You cant take action photos or even photos of your kids if you got them because it takes so long to process the photo, never had that issue with any other phone.