Thank You LG

acousticshade

Reaction score
Us android users are a particular lot. We like to complain about everything our smart phones DON'T do; poor battery, poor screen, slippery back, no SD card, blah, blah, blah. Well, instead of complaining, I would like to send a little love back to LG and say thank you.

The LG G2 is simply one of the best phones ever made. The screen is awesome. The battery is large. The camera is great. The knock on is cool. The processor is super fast. The radios are some of the best on the market (this is a big issue with Samsung phones unfortunately). The keyboard is incredibly accurate (the number of errors I make is just a tad higher than using a normal sized keyboard on my PC). The phone call quality is on par with our land line and actually better than the land line at my office. The IR blaster is fantastic (much to the chagrin of my wife who hates it when I use it to change TV channels). The software has some strange quirks, but overall is very powerful and one of the most customizable stock versions of android available. All in all, one of the best phone purchase decisions I've ever made (especially considering I only paid $50 for it!).

Sure, there are some minor things that prevent the phone from being perfect, but then again, there will never be a perfect phone. Probably the biggest issue that I (and many others) have is the flat back buttons. The buttons on the original are easy to feel without having to turn the phone over to look. Not so on the Verizon modified version. Hopefully this will not turn off users because I think the back button idea is a good thing. It allows for a thin phone with a large battery.

So in closing, thank you LG. You made a great product and your technological breakthroughs with flexible phones and self healing screens look to be great. Keep up the great work.

GrumpyOldGeek

Reaction score
I agree 100%. This phone is the best. After a week of use, I like more every day.
The following is a true story.
I had a dog once that was very protective and wouldn't let any other dogs come around my family. He was getting old and knew the end was near.
Then one day a young stray wondered in and my old dog accepted him, as if to say, I like this one, he can take my place. About 2 weeks later
we had to put ole Oscar down.
I feel like this is the phone my Bionic wanted to be it's replacement. It had been acting up and I was considering an SGS3 or 4, a Moto X, Note 2 or 3,
a Nexus 5 (which was ruled out immediately because it wasn't available on Verizon). But my ole Bionic hung in there because it didn't like any of these.
I saw the Verizon deal on the G2 (which wasn't even in the running) and got it. Honestly, as I was doing a factory reset on the Bionic at the Verizon store
so I could turn it in, the screen took it's last breath and went blank as if to say, "this the one". I was meant to have the G2.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I agree 100%. This phone is the best. After a week of use, I like more every day.
I had a dog once that was very protective and wouldn't let any other dogs come around my family. He was getting old and knew the end was near.
Then one day a young stray wondered in and my old dog accepted him, as if to say, I like this one, he can take my place. About 2 weeks later
I feel like this is the phone my Bionic wanted to be it's replacement. It had been acting up and I was considering an SGS3 or 4, a Moto X, Note 2 or 3,
a Nexus 5 (which was ruled out immediately because it wasn't available on Verizon). But my ole Bionic hung in there because it didn't like any of these.
I saw the Verizon deal on the G2 (which wasn't even in the running) and got it. Honestly, as I was doing a factory reset on the Bionic at the Verizon store
so I could turn it in, the screen took it's last breath and went blank as if to say, "this the one". I was meant to have the G2.

Pretty cool, animals are amazing! And yep, that G2 is really nice. They are coming out with a great looking tablet soon as well.

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
Really feeling LG on this one

Ditto, I just want to say that I agree with both of you guys about this phone. I've only had it since Monday but feel we'er going to get along great together.

The specs are off the chart with this beast and all of the features built into this skin makes me feel as though I'm running a custom ROM. The battery on this thing is phenomenal and the antenna is on par with Motorola. I found out the hard way that just because your on the same network don"t mean your gonna get the same signal. My last few phones were the Droid X, The Original droid razr ,the Galaxy nexus and the GSIII. Now don't get me wrong I loved all of these phones but between battery issues, signal strength and and sub-par cameras I have to say I think I've found the ONE in LG.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Still loving mine and still excited about using it. It is just an overall great phone.

LGElectronics

Reaction score
Us android users are a particular lot. We like to complain about everything our smart phones DON'T do; poor battery, poor screen, slippery back, no SD card, blah, blah, blah. Well, instead of complaining, I would like to send a little love back to LG and say thank you.

The LG G2 is simply one of the best phones ever made. The screen is awesome. The battery is large. The camera is great. The knock on is cool. The processor is super fast. The radios are some of the best on the market (this is a big issue with Samsung phones unfortunately). The keyboard is incredibly accurate (the number of errors I make is just a tad higher than using a normal sized keyboard on my PC). The phone call quality is on par with our land line and actually better than the land line at my office. The IR blaster is fantastic (much to the chagrin of my wife who hates it when I use it to change TV channels). The software has some strange quirks, but overall is very powerful and one of the most customizable stock versions of android available. All in all, one of the best phone purchase decisions I've ever made (especially considering I only paid $50 for it!).

Sure, there are some minor things that prevent the phone from being perfect, but then again, there will never be a perfect phone. Probably the biggest issue that I (and many others) have is the flat back buttons. The buttons on the original are easy to feel without having to turn the phone over to look. Not so on the Verizon modified version. Hopefully this will not turn off users because I think the back button idea is a good thing. It allows for a thin phone with a large battery.

So in closing, thank you LG. You made a great product and your technological breakthroughs with flexible phones and self healing screens look to be great. Keep up the great work.

And we would like to give a big "thank you" to you for the kind words and genuine feedback, we really do appreciate it! ^AM

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Keep posting stories like that and you'll have to change your username ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

jaseman

Reaction score
Did I see an actual LG person responding??? DancingNexus

I love this phone also, but can we PLEASE get the built in notifications to repeat more frequently??? PLEASE??? I am forced to use Light Manager, which works great, but I would rather try and keep as many apps as possible at the default built in level. The notifications work in the default but they repeat like every 10 seconds, which is way too slow. :icon_eek:

You have to stare at your phone for too long a time to see what type of notification you are getting. :blink:

With Light Manager you can set the repeat interval from like 1 second and up. One other thing...no matter how I try to turn it off, the RED LED lights up when charging the phone. So this appears to not work as it should, but that is much less important to me than the repeat rate. THANKS LG!!! :hail::icon_ lala:

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now if they'd only update their products...

GrumpyOldGeek

Reaction score
Did I see an actual LG person responding??? DancingNexus

I love this phone also, but can we PLEASE get the built in notifications to repeat more frequently??? PLEASE??? I am forced to use Light Manager, which works great, but I would rather try and keep as many apps as possible at the default built in level. The notifications work in the default but they repeat like every 10 seconds, which is way too slow. :icon_eek:

You have to stare at your phone for too long a time to see what type of notification you are getting. :blink:

With Light Manager you can set the repeat interval from like 1 second and up. One other thing...no matter how I try to turn it off, the RED LED lights up when charging the phone. So this appears to not work as it should, but that is much less important to me than the repeat rate. THANKS LG!!! :hail::icon_ lala:

I agree, that is a little aggravating. Like you, I'm trying to avoid any apps other than what's already on the phone.
The only thing I would like to have is the ability to add my own ringtone to individual text messages, like GO SMS PRO does (which I will not install on this phone), you know, one for the office, one for the wife, etc.
If anyone knows how to do this, let me know.
Still, this is not a deal killer for this amazing phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, that is a little aggravating. Like you, I'm trying to avoid any apps other than what's already on the phone.
The only thing I would like to have is the ability to add my own ringtone to individual text messages, like GO SMS PRO does (which I will not install on this phone), you know, one for the office, one for the wife, etc.
If anyone knows how to do this, let me know.
Still, this is not a deal killer for this amazing phone.

I use Ringo for the notifications so I didn't have to mess with text apps. I started using it years ago and just stuck with it because it has been consistently reliable from froyo to Jelly Bean, unlike most text apps. It even plays nice with Verizonized HTC devices,a feat in and of itself . The paid version even lets me set contacts to ignore vibrate or silent mode for ringers and texts/mms

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
And we would like to give a big "thank you" to you for the kind words and genuine feedback, we really do appreciate it! ^AM

Hey if you're monitoring the forum then I should already be a hired spokesman, what gives official LG guy?!

:p

GrumpyOldGeek

Reaction score
I use Ringo for the notifications so I didn't have to mess with text apps. I started using it years ago and just stuck with it because it has been consistently reliable from froyo to Jelly Bean, unlike most text apps. It even plays nice with Verizonized HTC devices,a feat in and of itself . The paid version even lets me set contacts to ignore vibrate or silent mode for ringers and texts/mms

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.