You want a headphone jack, and no bezels? LG has you covered.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
lg-g7-notch2-100756465-large.jpg

LG has taken the wraps of its new G line flagship and introduced the G7. Kind of reminds you of something, doesn't it? It looks like we are one step closer to what I knew would be coming one day, once the bezel less craze started: soon every phone will be a notched pane of glass.
The good news is LG has kept the headphone jack. Of course they have. LG continues to prioritize great sound in its handset. LG brings the 32Bit Quad DAC from the V30 to the G7 for that industry leading audio fidelity. In addition, they've somehow used space inside the phone to make it sort of like a speaker enclosure to help amplify the audio. The result? Supposedly a phone that can get 10 times louder then any other phone on the market.
They've also added some buttons to the phone. Power has now been moved to the side and a dedicated Google Assistant button was added. Not sure why we need a dedicated button for Google. The volume rocker and fingerprint sensor are still on the back.
LG does add a top notch, but unlike that other notched phone, you can actually turn it off. Sort of. There's an option to black out both sides of the notch or set it to a different color.
LG has upped its camera game on the G7. According to the reviewer in the article I am going to link, it took some incredible 'barely any light' shots. It also adds AI to its camera which will scan what you are about to shoot and suggest optimal settings.
Finally, LG is sticking to LCD instead of OLED. It's supposed to be much brighter then any other LG and use 34% less battery. That's a good thing as LG has shrunk the battery from a 3200 mAh to a 3000.
And, of course, top of the line specs: Snapdragon 845, Adreno 630, 64GB + 4GB or 128GB and 6GB, FM radio, SD card slot and BT 5.0.

Source: PCWorld

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
look like it is going to be a good phone. interesting thing it will have bixby, I mean a google button :) I also like the way they will let you hide the notch, too bad it is not permanent.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nice, sounds pretty good. The notch is here to stay, like it or not. Tech heads have been screaming about "chins" and bezels for a year or more, so this is what we get. Gotta put those sensors somewhere. Not sure why we need a dedicated Assistant button when you can just launch it with voice. But then again....why not? If there was no Moto phones and no more Pixel I would consider this. If only LG would use stock Android.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
hmmm... I'm okay with the button, and being able to essentially cover the notch is alright as well... I might actually upgrade my G6 to this.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like LGs version of Android. Very customizable. Eliminates the need, for some, for Nova. Does much of what it does.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
if you like the button, better hope it is in a better location than the bixby button. I was all the time accidentally pressing it before figuring out how to deactivate.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like LGs version of Android. Very customizable. Eliminates the need, for some, for Nova. Does much of what it does.

I wasn't aware of that. I guess that's kind of cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
if you like the button, better hope it is in a better location than the bixby button. I was all the time accidentally pressing it before figuring out how to deactivate.
You can see it in the photo. It's that big guy on the right sticking out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
My only complaint is removing the power button from the back where the fingerprint reader is. To the side

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can see it in the photo. It's that big guy on the right sticking out like a sore thumb.

That's actually the power button I believe, you can see another below between the pinky and ring finger.

Edit: taken from the linked article

One change LG fans will notice is the addition of two new buttons to the side of the phone. The first is the power button, which is no longer built into the rear fingerprint sensor. The other is a dedicated Google Assistant button. Like Samsung's Bixby button, pressing it launches the same Google Assistant interface as long-pressing the virtual home button. I'm thankful that LG isn't pushing its own AI chatbot with the G7, but there's no way to remap or turn off the button (at least not yet). It's a curious choice (even Google lets you disable Active Edge on its Pixel phones), especially since the G7 also includes super far-field microphones for voice recognition up to 16 feet away.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My only complaint is removing the power button from the back where the fingerprint reader is. To the side

Yea, I don't get that since they kept the volume back there.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I need 6k battery to last me a whole day. Failure from the get go LG!