Samsung files patent for Bezel-less and Notch-less

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Samsung files a patent with the US Patent and Trademark Office showing a design that ditches the bezels on the bottom and sides of the phone, and narrows the top bezel down to a wafer thin, notch-free bar. Going to get interesting

The latest concept design to make its way out of Samsung shows the company is working on a button-free, bezel-free, headphone jack-free phone that is all screen, all the time. And if you think that means a notch at the top, it's done away with that too.

Samsung's new Galaxy patent is a bezel-less, notch-free slice of the future

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
but it is a whole lot better than a notch. don't really care about a bezel-less phone, bezels keep your fingers from hiding content on the screen.

I agree, this whole "bezel-less" craze that has swept the tech media world just needs to end. I have seen many comments on websites & forums where users count how many times the writer uses the word bezel in the article. o_O

Bezels give us a place to put our fingers & thumbs while holding the phone. I'm all for a nice display with minimal bezels; but this whole craze of "you failed with that phone" & "look at those...", "look at that chin..." just needs to stop already. :D