"Text Message Not Sent" Notification keeps coming up

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
What could be causing this? When I click the notification in the notification bar, it takes me to the SMS inbox, where it says "Message Not Available"

I'm using a Droid Pro

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
bad signal

try dialing *228 and option 2.

Text messages and calls are coming in fine. Not sure what's causing this rogue notification. I tried the update, though.

We'll see if it works.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still getting the notification.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
bad signal

Text messages and calls are coming in fine. Not sure what's causing this rogue notification. I tried the update, though.

We'll see if it works.

what messaging app are you using? See if it needs an update.

if not you could try clearing the cache, though this of course erases your settings.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
bad signal

We'll see if it works.

what messaging app are you using? See if it needs an update.

if not you could try clearing the cache, though this of course erases your settings.

It just erases anything I've customized in the "Settings" icon? That's not that big of a deal. I'm using the stock texting app. I assume that means there wouldn't be an update, right?

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Found a solution:

From user "magjis" at Droid X Forum
I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

Solution:
1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!

meisentones

Reaction score
"Text Message not sent" error will not clear

I have a "text message not sent" on the top message bar that countinuosly pops up. It first appeared when I was forwarding a picture through a text message. The error appeared on the message bar, and when I select it it goes to the list of recent text messages, but says "message not found". I since forwarded another picture, and now I have "3 text messages not sent". If I select this it goes to the text messsage list and the message clears. However, anytime I do anything associated with text messaging (i.e. send, recieve, view) the error re-appears.

Any Ideas?:unsure::icon_cussing:

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I have a "text message not sent" on the top message bar that countinuosly pops up. It first appeared when I was forwarding a picture through a text message. The error appeared on the message bar, and when I select it it goes to the list of recent text messages, but says "message not found". I since forwarded another picture, and now I have "3 text messages not sent". If I select this it goes to the text messsage list and the message clears. However, anytime I do anything associated with text messaging (i.e. send, recieve, view) the error re-appears.

Any Ideas?:unsure::icon_cussing:

I posted this same problem earlier tonight and found a fix for it online. Here's the link to my thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ge-not-sent-notification-keeps-coming-up.html

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Took my phone to a verizon store. They couldn't fix it. Said I could delete it with handcent or they could give me a new phone. I downloaded hancent, deleted the unsent message que thing. I stopped getting the notification. Problem solved? Well, I uninstalled hancent... still no problem. Great. A couple days later I had to restart my phone... and the unsent messages error is back.

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
Suddenly I am getting an X over my text saying

Message not delivered.......... but it was. What is this?

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
anyone have a suggestion. I have had my driod 2 for a week and never had this.

Its the text message notifications on top left....... with a x on it EVERY time i send a text!! BUT the texts are received cuz I am getting replys. WEnt through all the texts today and all have been recieved but it's saying

TEXT MESSAGE NOT SENT UGH!!!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Stock app?