"Text Message Not Sent" Notification keeps coming up

Reaction score
How would you use the latest version of Handcent to stop this message? This thread shows how to do it for an older version. I have the dreaded "message not sent" notification that I can't stop from receiving. I downloaded the latest version of Handcent, but can't find a way to remove the message.

Reaction score
Never mind. Here's how to do it with the latest version of Handcent. In my case, it was actually from draft text that I created a long time ago that I had forgotten about. I'm not sure why I just started getting the message now, after received an MMS message that required me to acknowledge receipt of that message.

Try this:
Open Handcent
Hit the three dots in the upper right corner, then select settings
Hit Send message settings
Scroll down to Delivery report
Toggle between Undelivered and Successfully delivered records
Trash any undelivered messages
Carry on.

I found this instruction from another board, from another user.

Dan_Man_Can_111

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
This happened to me and I figured out it was caused by sending an iMessage text from my ipad to an android phone contact. The contact never received the message and my android phone was strangely notified (not my ipad).

I have my contacts synced with google and occasionally send messages to iPhone users using iMessage... Turns out the person I was sending a message to recently got an android replacement phone and my iPad was never notified. My android phone, however, was.

There are many scenarios that can cause this message, it's important to remember what devices are using similar contact information and how they can interact with one another. Hope this helps.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If your in the standard messenger app...Is there a listing inside the app for the message not sent? Usually you will see red of some kind.

If you tap on it...then when it opens...holds and select delete.

SounD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 4
This Happens to me all the time when I send messages to people that use apples IFone and their messaging system.
Found an Easy fix that i keep handy on my phone without switching messaging apps as i like the stock one. There is an app on the Play store called "Delivery Reports" and all it does is just what it states. Cleans my error message in seconds.

domalama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I just deleted all of my messages on the stock Samsung Sms and error went away. Good fix if your not worried about erasing all of your messages.

Go to the messages》delete 》select all 》delete》done

This may speed you phone up a bit also