Tethering with GB

droidrunnr

Reaction score
What is the best app for tethering in GB 605?

I have tried Barnacle but I can't seem to get the laptop and phone to connect. Gets stuck in "attempting to connect"

Open Garden sends me to the VZ webpage.

any ideas on how to connect?

Last edited:
OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
I had read that VZ may be able to monitor tethering with Gingerbread. Does this circumvent their ability to do this? Or is the only way to go back to Froyo?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You take your chances with tethering. Best bet is not to do it, but if you must then know that VZW can do whatever they want to you if you're caught.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH it doesn't matter, VZW isn't really cracking down on occasional users. Seems like only large data users are getting throttled.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Thing is, they're looking for streaming data connection that probably triggers an alert that somebody may be using a wireless tether when they pass a certain bandwidth or size of data.. They cannot really figure out what you are doing. To think, people have gotten charged for this sort of thing!

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
So they can't determine what is being run just volume of data used that is good. I figured they had implanted a way to remotely view phone. Any backup programs or other appear that are essential?
?!

mwshows

Reaction score
I've been using the wifi tether patch/hack with WiFi Tether and it works great with little problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
Alright I see the app, as posted by lefspin, but its not in the market. What is the best way to get it on the droid X? Will I need any special Kernals etc? I have also read people having issues. Is it just a matte of clearing cash so the VZ pay page doesn't show up?

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
Alright I see the app, as posted by lefspin, but its not in the market. What is the best way to get it on the droid X? Will I need any special Kernals etc? I have also read people having issues. Is it just a matte of clearing cash so the VZ pay page doesn't show up?

Just download the apk and install it on your phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
Alright I have downloaded and connected, but I get the VZN Hotspot screen. How do I clear so I can start using?

MYTHUMBS

Reaction score
I have a DROID X and before I did an update...yes by accident I used the tether mode. Not much, mainly for my kids to watch youtube while we were driving around I have iPad 1. Now I have rooted phone on GB and the wiring tether u get from Google-code is not working. I tried barnacle also. I keep getting the vz connection page. anyone know a way around this? I am even willing to go back to froyo if I have to. Im about to go on a road trip driving from Texas to Chicago and I do not want to listen to ky kids the whole way. Lol.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a DROID X and before I did an update...yes by accident I used the tether mode. Not much, mainly for my kids to watch youtube while we were driving around I have iPad 1. Now I have rooted phone on GB and the wiring tether u get from Google-code is not working. I tried barnacle also. I keep getting the vz connection page. anyone know a way around this? I am even willing to go back to froyo if I have to. Im about to go on a road trip driving from Texas to Chicago and I do not want to listen to ky kids the whole way. Lol.

Flash this using bootstrap:

http://db.tt/dRA4pnrD

Boot Manager

MYTHUMBS

Reaction score
Everything works amazing! Back in business. Thanks