Tethering with GB

mouten57

Reaction score
Flash this using bootstrap:

http://db.tt/dRA4pnrD

Boot Manager

I know this is a dumb question, what does flash with this bootstrap mean exactly? i had the same problems with wifi tether, getting the VZW screen every time, even with the google wifi app. droid x is rooted, i have bootstrapper, rom manager.

My goal is to get this damn tether to work, please help. I have 2.3.3, 4.5.605

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question, what does flash with this bootstrap mean exactly? i had the same problems with wifi tether, getting the VZW screen every time, even with the google wifi app. droid x is rooted, i have bootstrapper, rom manager.

My goal is to get this damn tether to work, please help. I have 2.3.3, 4.5.605

Use bootstrap to install the zip file

X

mouten57

Reaction score
Use bootstrap to install the zip file

X

that was it. Thank you so much man. any tips on how to make it look like im not tethering? or should i just not use it alot of the time? I really appreciate it.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
as long as you don't go over board you should be fine...
or stream alot of music... like pandora and google music... so when you do tether... it doesn't stick out....

mouten57

Reaction score
as long as you don't go over board you should be fine...
or stream alot of music... like pandora and google music... so when you do tether... it doesn't stick out....

Ok I screwed up, I tried to install Apex 1.4.1 and now its stuck on motorola logo. Ive looked at other posts but I would love your guys' inputs

josh80

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to do the DROID 3 tether hack to use the hotpot free with radiocomm and moto drivers their a few walk throughs I've found but can't remember the sites but it will work if you go completely by the directions because you can brick your phone if you don't know what your doing. Just look up DROID 3 tether hack

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I screwed up, I tried to install Apex 1.4.1 and now its stuck on motorola logo. Ive looked at other posts but I would love your guys' inputs

Looks like you will have to sbf. Use the links in my signature. They'll walk you through it

X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to do the DROID 3 tether hack to use the hotpot free with radiocomm and moto drivers their a few walk throughs I've found but can't remember the sites but it will work if you go completely by the directions because you can brick your phone if you don't know what your doing. Just look up DROID 3 tether hack

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The tether patch does the same thing, but TBH made it so that its a flashable zip instead of having to do all the Radiocomm steps

X

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
I am looking for the bootstrap as well. The link isn't working. Anyone have it ?
Thanks.

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
I have downloaded Droid X Bootstrap recovery but when I click on Reboot Recovery it stops working.

Screen goes down and Motorola icon comes up and then I get a black screen... What is happening?

I can pull battery and restart and I get back to my original screen.

I saw somewhere that one needs to now use Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery to get things working??? Or do I need something else to make this work?

THanks.

Savagerun

Reaction score
I have downloaded Droid X Bootstrap recovery but when I click on Reboot Recovery it stops working.

Screen goes down and Motorola icon comes up and then I get a black screen... What is happening?

I saw somewhere that one needs to now use Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery to get things working??? Or do I need something else to make this work?

THanks.

Yes droid2 bootstrap is recommended for gingerbread but droidx bootstrap will work just go in setting>applications >development and make sure usb debugging is unchecked then it will work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score

THanks.

With Gingerbread you need to use Droid 2 Bootstrap. I've heard some people have had success using Droid X Bootstrap by turning USB debugging off before using it, but if not the Droid 2 Bootstrap will work

EDIT: Savage beat me to it... again... :angry:

Savagerun

Reaction score
With Gingerbread you need to use Droid 2 Bootstrap. I've heard some people have had success using Droid X Bootstrap by turning USB debugging off before using it, but if not the Droid 2 Bootstrap will work

EDIT: Savage beat me to it... again... :angry:

LOL... You'll get the next one..... Maybe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums