tethering / hotspot

xdaxdb

Reaction score
I have been unable to get the popular wifi tether or wired tether apps to work on this ROM. I am currently using Easy Tether paid version but I would like to go back to those other apps I used on my OG Droid.

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
I used this hack to use the hotspot on my bionic and yes it works great. I am a little scared to run massive data through it though since they added back the damn SIM card. From what I understand there is no way to keep it from reporting usage back to Verizon. I would hate to all of a sudden get a huge bill or worse loss of service. I don't know how true this is as I am brand new to Android. Right now I am finding the Windows OS a much simpler beast lol. If anyone has anything to add to this it would be great. How nice it would be to hear that this is BS and I can tether away with impunity! I can kinda understand why they would put in safeguards on the 4G hotspot. It just came to our area. I mean I am talking literally yesterday. The speeds compared to 3G are phenomenal. It could easily replace my home ISP.

sinusoid

Reaction score
this app worked perfectly for me. i don't think it's available in the market but maybe you''ll feel more comfortable acheving it via an app than a hack.