WiFi Tethering - Help!

ckfalls

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried Barnacle, OpenGarden and Google (android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting) tethering apps, and nothing is working for me. My laptop and PC have either shown me connected with limited connectivity or today with Google's app my laptop said I was connected to a signal-less ad-hoc network...odd I know. Regardless, wifi tether is not working and I have no understanding why. Oddly enough, whenever any of these apps is started and tethering is initiated, the Moto tether icon pops up in the notification bar as if it's waiting to be activated, so that sort of tells me that something isn't right.

I've otherwise had no problems with rooting or the rom, as everything else root I've tried has worked just fine. I'm on .902, rooted, SU, and using the latest Eclipse Rom with safestrap.

Anyone have any insights on this issue I'm having?

MANY thanks in advance!

Reaction score
No insights but I have hatred a lot of users as using foxfi....I think that it's what it's called... with no issues. I don't have a need for tethering sho I couldn't say for myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

bbucks36

Reaction score
The android wifi tethering apk i use is 3.1 beta 11. The internal hotspot icon should flash when you utilize android wifi tethering and stays on for a bit with it. Im also using eclipse 2.2 and have no probs with it. I noticed by adjusting the channels it helps to get better signal. Channel 6 or 11 was the best for me. There was nothing else i did to get it to work. Just upload apk then installed and gave SU privilages that was it. Take a look at SU see if privilages was granted in logs. Also i did not do the sql lite adjustment either if that tells you anything.

bigmansj

Reaction score
There are many sites out there, but I used the same mod before I rooted and loaded the Eclipse ROM.. I used SQL Lite and modified the enablement flag.