Need help removing "mobile hotspot".. it's interfering with my tethering

Jonpwn

Reaction score
I need to remove/freeze/disable the "mobile hotspot" app. It is interfering with my tethering (i'm using the old "wireless Tether" and "Wired tether for Root users" apps. How can I remove this app? I did some googling and apparently it is not an .apk or anything.. I am rooted and i do have root explorer.

thanks

bbucks36

Reaction score
interfering???... i doudt it but if you need to ...root browser lite... system>apps>hotspot.apk and hotspot.odex ....done...theres a new one out that works good with .232 just fine..wifi tether 3.2 beta 2 works with the ICS leaks and GB...plus the built in usb tether you shouldnt need a app works flawless with built usb tether .. another thing too is the sql hack you might wanna try...but then again my phone works seems yours doesnt

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
yeah as soon as i open either tether app, the VZW one opens also and it won't allow me to tether without having the ability in my plan.

anyways i don't have a hotspot.apk or odex in the system/apps folder. I couldn't find anything with "hotspot" when searching either.. i may have deleted it when i first rooted my bionic but it still shows up in my app tray..

thanks for your help though, any more takers?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can just use the stock USB tether in settings. You don't need an external app for it. Verizon (for whatever reason) doesn't restrict LTE users from USB tethering.

bbucks36

Reaction score
the VZW can be removed.. but if you dont have a hotspot.apk then theres a problem... the sql hack will remove the VZW lock on the stock hotspot.. and works better then any apps out there IMO... only thing is the widget from wifi tether is nice..what OS is on your phone

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
android version 2.3.4 system 5.9.902xt875

my laptop recognized the usb tethering but couldn't connect fully.. i guess i'll tinker with my computer when i get a chance.

thanks guys

bbucks36

Reaction score
android version 2.3.4 system 5.9.902xt875

my laptop recognized the usb tethering but couldn't connect fully.. i guess i'll tinker with my computer when i get a chance.

thanks guys

use this version if your still on GB.. it was the most stable for that version.. btw when you do use this the stock hotspot will appear also ... its a known glitch ..3.1 beta 14 android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting...might wanna check your firewall if you cannot connect.... im done :happy3:

OP
J

Jonpwn

Reaction score
has the same interface as my old wireless tether app.. thanks a lot bbucks36 i'll give this one a shot :biggrin:

rjp0615

Reaction score
I still hack the mobile hotspot app turning off the entitlement check. Works great. You need sqlite to do it..

yasmir01

Reaction score
Verizon Galaxy S4

For some reason Verizon ether hide the hotspot app or I just cannot find it, can someone guide me trough

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
For some reason Verizon ether hide the hotspot app or I just cannot find it, can someone guide me trough

Should be in your app drawer. It's a red icon called Mobile Hotspot.

Also, there's ways around Verizon provisioning but requires root.