Temp.?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Hello, all. Well, I finally got ICS. Everything seems smooth and to be working great.

However, I am noticing that the phone runs a little warmer than it did with GB. Same settings. Same apps.

Have others noticed the same thing and is their something (a setting) I might have neglected to consider? I never modified any setting in GB or ICS.

Also, how are people able to report on their battery temps.? Is this data already available in the phone or is is an installed app.?

Thanks.

heavyvino

Reaction score
I use temp monitor found in the market. Very seldom does my phone go over 104, that's running it like it's stolen. I run mine hard everyday, I stream MLBTV, NETFLIX, HULU, GOOGLE MOVIES, and others panoramic, slacker.

My OG DROID would top 135-140 on the cpu, kept waiting for it the turn into a cinder.

B0B0

Reaction score
130-140F is pretty warm. Especially for the what, 25nm tech the processors are built with now?

heavyvino

Reaction score
It was rooted and romed, I ran it at 1GZ for 2 years, was amazed that it didn't melt. As it got older it got hotter faster and stayed hot longer. I am defrosted my desktop fridge with it, put it in a zip lock and streamed MLBTV.

My razr is bone stock, not rooted, I have no need to root yet as it does everything I want it to.

I read in one of the forums that the critical temp for the cpu was sustained 145 or better, the article claimed that was very close to the melting point of solder, so that was my must stop and power off temp.

B0B0

Reaction score
145F isn't the melting point of solder. It's closer to 800F.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
B0B0 said:
145F isn't the melting point of solder. It's closer to 800F.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I'm thinking a lot of stuff in my phone would melt before solder. But i have noticed mine getting hot especially when i get into the hot car and use it. But not so hot that I'm concerned. I am just going by feel on this but I'm guessing maybe 105f to 110f

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Well, today, with admittedly little use, I noticed no warming at all.

The only thing I can think of about yesterday and the temp. was the ambient temp. was warm and I was driving around a lot (searching for a WiFi, cellular signal?).

I actually had the best day of battery life. Well over 24 hours with only 20% drain. I hope this continues as I never had such little battery drain with the same amount of activity using GB!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ambient t temp does play a part in phone temp... when I go outside and real feel is 109f my phone will quickly heat up... it was outside in 112 real feel, that my phone hit 130