False notification sounds after ICS upgrade

bkirk22

Reaction score
I started getting random notification sounds the same day I upgraded to ICS. There will be no actual notifications, but the notification light will blink until I pull the notification window down. I have examined every app and every setting I can think of and made sure the notifications are off. I have already reported noticing a substantial drop in signal strength since the upgrade. I am trying to troubleshoot the notification problem a bit more before reporting it. Not happy with ICS upgrade so far.

Anyone else experiencing the phantom notification sounds?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What color is the flashing light?? Purple??? Do you use yahoo mail? If do, that's possibly your issue..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
B

bkirk22

Reaction score
Flashing green. Don't use Yahoo mail. Use gmail and hotmail and have turned notifications off on both.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does this happen when your charging the device?? Are there any circumstances that are similar when it happens?? If nit, time to try a fdr, but when you do, unselect backup and restore. That way you get a clean install, and new settings on all of your apps...

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Yes...but when my device us charging it is totally unusable....apps open and close on their own...i press buttons and totally different things happen...i cannot use my touch screen at all while charging.....this was the case even before ics upgrade but now its 100x worse....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yngwie77 said:
Yes...but when my device us charging it is totally unusable....apps open and close on their own...i press buttons and totally different things happen...i cannot use my touch screen at all while charging.....this was the case even before ics upgrade but now its 100x worse....

Using the official moto charger?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep that's my question, are you using the charger and cable that came with the device???

And also, have you checked to see if your full charge notification is on?

You should really be using the supplied charger and cable... the charger is VERY important.

OP
B

bkirk22

Reaction score
It does not happen when I am charging the device. I have watched Wi-Fi signal, phone signal, and everything else and i can't see a pattern. Notification sounds usually come in groups of two to five within five minutes or so. I suppose my next step would be a factory reset. Do you think that is a good idea?

Yngwie77

Reaction score
I did the reset and it helped alot...phone is getting better with every charge.
And thats what itwas with me....its an official verizon charger but not the original motorola one so that explains that...

Exalted911

Reaction score
If this is happening while charging it might be that you have the charged notification on. it will notify you when you charged your phone in full. if you pickup your phone and play with it for a few secs it resets the notification and it will notify you again that your phone is full after a couple of secs.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
It does not happen when I am charging the device. I have watched Wi-Fi signal, phone signal, and everything else and i can't see a pattern. Notification sounds usually come in groups of two to five within five minutes or so. I suppose my next step would be a factory reset. Do you think that is a good idea?

Quick question - do you have LightFlow installed?

Exalted911

Reaction score
I suggest you do a factory reset, maybe you enabled some notification on the developers option. also that problem that you have while charging that you cant use the phone sounds like a major factory problem. take the phone back to verizon and see if they will give you a new one.

OP
B

bkirk22

Reaction score
That was someone else who jumped in with the charging problem. My phone charges fine.

I've checked the notifications in the developers option and all are off. I've noticed now the notifications occurring at 2 different times. 1. When wifi is on. I've made sure all wifi notifications are off. 2. When the Swype icon appears in the notifications window. I think you're right. Need to do a factory reset. However, waiting to hear back from tech support on the drop in signal strength i reported after the upgrade. That problem is not just a problem of showing fewer bars. I've noticed a huge drop in real-world signal strength immediately after the upgrade. Since the upgrade, i now have to hug windows on the west side of my house to place calls. Didn't have to do that before.

kadidle

Reaction score
That was someone else who jumped in with the charging problem. My phone charges fine.

I've checked the notifications in the developers option and all are off. I've noticed now the notifications occurring at 2 different times. 1. When wifi is on. I've made sure all wifi notifications are off. 2. When the Swype icon appears in the notifications window. I think you're right. Need to do a factory reset. However, waiting to hear back from tech support on the drop in signal strength i reported after the upgrade. That problem is not just a problem of showing fewer bars. I've noticed a huge drop in real-world signal strength immediately after the upgrade. Since the upgrade, i now have to hug windows on the west side of my house to place calls. Didn't have to do that before.

I just googled this problem and found this forum and your post on this issuse. Mine does the same thing, random green notifications and sounds. I have had the ICS for about a week or 2 and now its does it radomly starting today. What did you do to solve the problem? Hard reset?