T-Mobile's Next Uncarrier Plan Wants to Hook Customers with Free Pizza, Stock Options and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dominos-pizza.jpg

It looks like T-Mobile is going really, very, extremely deep with their next Uncarrier initiative phase in order to entice more customers. Supposedly they are planning a new customer appreciation campaign called T-Mobile Tuesdays.

The campaign is actually a T-Mobile app that offers customers weekly free stuff, prize giveaways, and more.
Some of the goodies will supposedly include free Domino's Pizza, free Wendy's Frosties, free Vudu movie downloads and even free stock options (quarter share) in T-Mobile itself! It doesn't stop there. Supposedly T-Mo will also offer contest giveaways to raffle off movie tickets, trips to events, and gift cards.

As far as the stock options are handled, the word is that T-Mobile is planning to offer 1 share of stock per line on their account to select customers. No word has been given on how or for whom that will work. The skinny on this crazy new idea will supposedly be officially revealed on June 6th.

We can't wait to see how much of this idea actually comes to fruition. What do you folks think of this plan?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think free Domino's pretty well sums up this plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Pass on dominoes but tmo is doing everything they can thinking outside of the box to get subscribers.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A stock share could be a long term good thing whereas a free pizza is a "passed" memory in about 48 hours.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A stock share could be a long term good thing whereas a free pizza is a "passed" memory in about 48 hours.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Actually I agree with this philosophy. Making your customers Partners in your company really gives them an incentive to remain loyal. Everyone wants to feel like they belong, and if they can say My T-Mobile, then they're more likely to stick with the plan. Not to mention of course that they may benefit ultimately from stock splits and potentially from dividends that are declared.

The cost to T-Mobile for providing options for stock is virtually free. For those who don't understand what stock options are, it gives you the right to purchase a stock at a specific strike price which is typically at or below the current stock price. The benefit is that in the future when the price is higher, you can buy it under market value at that lower option price and theoretically hold it for even greater future profits, or turn it right over and sell it for an instant profit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I agree with this philosophy. Making your customers Partners in your company really gives them an incentive to remain loyal. Everyone wants to feel like they belong, and if they can say My T-Mobile, then they're more likely to stick with the plan. Not to mention of course that they may benefit ultimately from stock splits and potentially from dividends that are declared.

The cost to T-Mobile for providing options for stock is virtually free. For those who don't understand what stock options are, it gives you the right to purchase a stock at a specific strike price which is typically at or below the current stock price. The benefit is that in the future when the price is higher, you can buy it under market value at that lower option price and theoretically hold it for even greater future profits, or turn it right over and sell it for an instant profit.

Look at anyone who bought into coca cola when it was young, Apple share owners, etc. Like I said, it could be a long term good thing.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Look at anyone who bought into coca cola when it was young, Apple share owners, etc. Like I said, it could be a long term good thing.

It's a gimmick, and I'm sure (as with many things TMo) you have to read the fine print. Anyone who wants a few shares can go out and buy them on their own. Stick around for 3-4 years and MAYBE that option will be worth about $40. Whoopee-deee-frickin'-doo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's a gimmick, and I'm sure (as with many things TMo) you have to read the fine print. Anyone who wants a few shares can go out and buy them on their own. Stick around for 3-4 years and MAYBE that option will be worth about $40. Whoopee-deee-frickin'-doo
This is true, on a person to person basis. In contrast, as a larger community the communal ownership of the carrier can be a good thing for all. Look at banks that are privately owned (or publicly owned via common stock), versus credit unions. I've been in the financial services industry for decades and have both seen first hand and have sold products from both types of entities. In most cases the credit unions offer better rates, less fees and greater flexibility when deciding which product best served the consumer.

So a large group of owners who each own tiny slices become a powerful force. Just look at the Bernie Sanders presidential race and his powerful fundraising, at $27 per donor. This offer from T-Mobile could be considered closer to our moving towards a Credit Union concept simply because it gives the consumers direct access and ownership.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So a large group of owners who each own tiny slices become a powerful force.

Not really. One share for each of 40M subscribers....out of 850M+ shares outstanding is less than 5% ownership, combined.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Not really. One share for each of 40M subscribers....out of 850M+ shares outstanding is less than 5% ownership, combined.
No, I agree those numbers are not impressive but it's a start or move in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
On one hand I have to gIve it to Tmo for at least trying to think outside the box, but on the other hand it kinda reeks of desperation. It's no wonder people consider them "the poor man's carrier". Bribe them with junk food and 1 share of stock? I mean I know we all try to save money where we can, but personally I'd be embarrassed if I ever had to admit that's why I switched carriers.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well let's look at this for what it is...a $39.49 at today's closing. So is a one-time $40 rebate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Poor mans carrier?

Since dumping VZW, I have gained call quality, wifi calling, Data stash, binge on and a $25/mo lower bill. I have not one negative thing to say so far.

Not one dropped call, not one missed text.... Nothing.