Leaked Ad Shows T-Mobile's Next Phase of Their Master Plan: Uncarrier 4.0

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
t-mobile-uncarrier-4.jpg

The rumors were true and AT&T was right to come up with a pre-emptive strike, although it might not matter much. T-Mobile's Uncarrier 4.0 initiative was leaked online and AT&T has good reason to be worried. It is indeed a plan to draw customers away from other carriers by paying their early termination fees, if they switch to T-Mo and trade-in their existing devices.

There is a catch though, T-Mobile will supposedly pay up to $350 per line when customers bring over at least three lines. This seems like a great way to draw in whole families in one fell swoop. More than likely the official reveal will happen tomorrow at T-Mobile's press event, which kicks off at 12:30PM Pacific Time. We will keep you posted if there are any other details to reveal at that time.

Source: BGR

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Interesting.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I figured something like this was right around the corner from them. I'll have to check with my Tmobile friends to see if the reception in my area has improved. If not, I'll be hanging around Big Red for awhile longer.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
One apprehension I can still see with this is that people might not want to give up their current device. If the carriers offered a more surefire solution for transferring information and data from the old device to the new one that might ease the concern. So often I hear of people losing photos and contacts because they never transferred the data to a computer or the cloud. Since the latest trend in several of the economy/budget devices being released not including a microSD slot (ludicrous) people can't just pull the card out to save their photos.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One apprehension I can still see with this is that people might not want to give up their current device. If the carriers offered a more surefire solution for transferring information and data from the old device to the new one that might ease the concern. So often I hear of people losing photos and contacts because they never transferred the data to a computer or the cloud. Since the latest trend in several of the economy/budget devices being released not including a microSD slot (ludicrous) people can't just pull the card out to save their photos.

Then there's that little thing called "a reputation that their coverage sucks" to go with it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I would be concerned about coverage, and there is no way I will surrender my Note 3. I will give them my Droid Pro I have sitting in the drawer, just activate it on my line before switching.