Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Swype will release application for all Android users June 16th

Anthony Domanico on Jun 15 at 9:57 pm8 comments

Last week, Swype updated their beta application with some pretty major bug fixes and database enhancements, leading us to believe that a final version of their application was imminent. Turns out this prediction was spot on, as the folks over at TechCrunch have learned that Swype will be releasing a final beta version of their slide-to-type application via their beta website tomorrow for any Android user who wants it.

Though this is not technically a final release, the fact that Swype is ready to release an open beta to all who want to try it out signifies that Swype is nearly ready for mass consumption on the Android market. A final release is certain to be right around the corner.

This is certainly good news for Android, as the Swype keyboard allows users to type faster than ever before, as proven by broken Guinness world records last year. As someone who has used Swype pretty religiously in the past, I have been impressed with how simple, quick, and accurate Swype is, and would not go back to using any other keyboard.

If you’ve never tried Swype before, I highly encourage you to head over to Swype’s beta website tomorrow and give this keyboard replacement a try. I’m confident that you won’t be disappointed.

http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news/swype-will-release-application-for-all-android-users-june-16th/

Last edited:

diavlo

Reaction score
I just resent the invite email to myself , reinstalled it and its working again, its tomorrow!

Beardface

Reaction score
awww... And I thought I was special when I received my email invitation last night... Oh well, at least I have it and its working like a champion.. Very, very impressed with this application so far.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So meaning today? Why would they release a version today when just 3 days ago I got an email for another Beta version? I doubt they are done beta testing in 3 days?

Taegost

Reaction score
awww... And I thought I was special when I received my email invitation last night... Oh well, at least I have it and its working like a champion.. Very, very impressed with this application so far.

I thought I was too! Well, at least I don't need the hacked version any more :)
I love Swype, it's one of the best apps I've ever used!

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

michael123

Reaction score
got mine, i went crazy the last 2 days going back to the original keyboard..

Reaction score
Swype Beta is back up!

For those us luck enough to receive that email, the Swype beta for Droid is finally activated again. Naturally, when my phone went off at 12:20 AM, I installed the beta and set off a few quick (yes, very quick) messages...just because :biggrin:.
I just wanted to let everyone know, and HAPPY SWYPING!

Sparkinthedark

shiccy

Reaction score
*frowns heavily because he didn't make it in time*

I loved the swype I was using (apparently I had gotten the version that Swype didn't release to the public somehow ... even though I didn't know / try), but it definitely was not as snappy and quick as the normal Android keyboard. Because of this I ended up switching back.

I hate to ask it, but is this version better? Anybody mind if I take it for a whirl (or does it require a username/password)?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's about the same as any of the prior versions IMO.

apparently I had gotten the version that Swype didn't release to the public somehow ... even though I didn't know / try
Every version so far has not been released to the public unless it came on your phone out-of-the-box.

jrod1990

Reaction score
I signed up for the beta in March and got an e-mail last night around 7:30 pm MST, downloaded it and registered it. Love it so far...

bowhuntr09

Reaction score
I signed up for the beta last night after my most likely illegal version expired. I never received an email saying my beta account was active. I went to the website today and tried to login using the credentials I provided when I signed up last night and it worked. I resent the email and now have Swype installed and working again.

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL BUT SIGNED UP JUST TRY TO LOGIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.......