Swype Now Public Beta

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Installed new beta on my D1 running gingerbread (rebaked v2).

My issue is the voice search button does not work. Pressing it simply changes to lower case.

Anybody else try it?

I switched to Bugless Beast .6.1 (also gingerbread. full wipe) and the voice buton works. Only Swype is checked.

BB is not gingerbread. Just gingerbread themed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yep, I just noticed that myself. I was fooled by the thread title showing "gingerbread/froyo". My fault.

B

bigsapz

Wow. sent in my email for activation and with in a minute my incredible has swype. Epic!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
This is great. I've only had this a week and I love this phone. Now I've just downloaded swype beta and I'm loving this even more.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Droidforums App.

jpd

Reaction score
I downloaded this on my incredible a week or so ago. Seems cool except for one annoying thing. It has a smiley face button in the spot where Swype on my wife's Droid X has the return button. Not having a a return button is very annoying. Any suggestions?

jpd

Reaction score
Nevermind, literally 2 minutes after the last post I realized the smiley face is only there when texting. There is a return in every other typing application.

rmart88

Reaction score
my only issue is sometimes when I bring up the swype keyboard to text, it is stuck on all CAPS and i have to hit the shift button to get back to normal. It doesnt happen every time, and it seems very sporadic.

Anyone else having that issue? or know a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Joker

Reaction score
Wow this software is awesome. just downloaded and already loving it. Thanks to the devs for such a great software.

Sent from my Drooiiiid using DroidForums App

Raydee35

Reaction score
I tried it and removed it after a few hours. I found it hard to use, when my fingers are on the screen I can't see the letters.

geoff5093

Reaction score
my only issue is sometimes when I bring up the swype keyboard to text, it is stuck on all CAPS and i have to hit the shift button to get back to normal. It doesnt happen every time, and it seems very sporadic.

Thanks in advance!
Same with my Droid.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
Same with my Droid.

Same with my Droid, but I still love the phone with my new keyboard. I was slow at first due to my old way of pecking for keys. Now relearning where the keys are with swype has returned me to my normal and / or faster speed.... Great Software.

Raydee35
I tried it and removed it after a few hours. I found it hard to use, when my fingers are on the screen I can't see the letters.

This happen to me as well but, I gave it more then a few hours and relearned where to go.

dancedroid

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I became familiar with Swype on my Eris when I was able to download it as a Beta. It was weird at first, but once I got to it, I loved it. When I changed to my Droid X, I was happy to see that it was once of the keyboard choices. It's a great solution for those phones w/o a physical keyboard. Though, I don't think I could use a physical keyboard anymore! I'm a Swyper.
dancedroid

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
The Swype installer is telling me there's an update. Does anyone have the newest update that can tell me if there's anything majorly different about it?