Swype Now Public Beta

MK17

Reaction score
I finally get Swype back on my D1. I lost it some where down the road and then they put it into a closed Beta. Seems to work a lot better than the earlier versions that I have used.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
There are two reasons why I never use swype longer than half a day at a time. First, I want multitouch in there just for the times I don't feel like swyping. I know this could be done (or at the least have a button I can press to switch between swype mode and multitouch mode). Second, I think it's butt ugly when compared o my sexy Gingerbread keyboard.

So yeah, I guess I could theme Swype to give it that Gingerbreadish look that I like, but the multtouch feature I probably couldn't implement on my own as I am slow when it comes to working with dex opcodes so if I smali'ed it it would take me a year to get it where I wanted lol.

I do love how fast it is to swype though and the happy feeling I get when I do :)

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Installed new beta on my D1 running gingerbread (rebaked v2).

My issue is the voice search button does not work. Pressing it simply changes to lower case.

Anybody else try it?

curlyMOB

Reaction score
For everyone having trouble still... you have to have android keyboard selected too in your language and keyboard settings

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Slingnutt

Reaction score
English / Spanish working on my Droid 1. As Curly said "you have to have android keyboard selected too in your language and keyboard settings"
This works on Unrooted phones.

Thanks for the link. I don't know that I'll use it as defualt, as voice input is faster (when it's quiet enough) but I'll play with it and get used to it.:greendroid:

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
i've got android keyboard selected and still no dice. if anybody's got the answer, i'd greatly appreciate it. i'm going to try the swype forums to get this working.

best,
rf

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
finally got it working. i went to their forum and got the answer.

basically, i reinstalled the swype installer (w/o uninstalling swype which is themed in my system/app running cm 6.1.2), clicked the installer, and went through the steps to generate a new license.

thanks!

best,
rf

Brandonovich

Reaction score
You do not have to have the Android keyboard selected. In fact, if you de-select it, you will not have to select Swype every time you reboot your phone.

This is one of the most awesome pieces of sftware ever written! LOVE IT!

geoff5093

Reaction score
Working great for me on my D1! I wasn't sure if this would work out that well, but it turned out to work much better then expected!

DreamOperator

Reaction score

My issue is the voice search button does not work. Pressing it simply changes to lower case.

Anybody else try it?

I switched to Bugless Beast .6.1 (also gingerbread. full wipe) and the voice buton works. Only Swype is checked.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Anybody else try it?

I switched to Bugless Beast .6.1 (also gingerbread. full wipe) and the voice buton works. Only Swype is checked.

BB is not gingerbread. Just gingerbread themed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You do not have to have the Android keyboard selected. In fact, if you de-select it, you will not have to select Swype every time you reboot your phone.

This is one of the most awesome pieces of sftware ever written! LOVE IT!

Having both selected doesn't make you have to select with each reboot, it will remember your choice until you clear the default or long press a text entry box and choose "input method" and select another keyboard.

The only issue i ever had with unchecking, was when i had only swype checked and i uninstalled it. It gave me some issues, but i got it resolved.