Swype Now Public Beta

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
swype.jpg

Many of us are familiar with Swype keyboard, mainly since it’s the best free solution for quick on screen text input, nevertheless that great software is now available to the public. In recent develop the previously privately tested keyboard is now available to anyone willing to sign up on their website. After signing up you get an email with a link to download the keyboard, and after opening it from your device, you are ready to install and enjoy the near physical keyboard like typing experience.

The new features available in this beta are as followed:
In English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, and introducing French and an early, *UNSTABLE* preview release of Chinese Pinyin
Now includes support for Double-Tap-to-Edit, Cursor Restore, and Voice-to-Text (requires Google Voice Search be included in your system firmware)
HVGA, WVGA, and WVGA854 Resolutions - don't worry we'll detect this automatically. Sorry, no QVGA
Limited End User Support - mostly via our forum
If your phone came pre-installed with Swype: DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)
So what do you guys think? Isn’t this worth the FREE price tag?

I have used Swype before and with the new integration with Voice to text, I think it is finally the best keyboard you can have on your Android device.

Join the party

meepstone

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed on my Droid 1 and it says the version I downloaded isnt for my device and may not work propely.

Let me just say it doesn't work at all.

Reaction score
i donwloaded on my DRoid 1 and my phone just kept freezing. i downloaded the FULL im gonna uninstall and try the english/spanish.

m0nch1zzl3

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed this yesterday for my droid 1 and it works just fine.

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
i dl'ed the english/spanish one and it says the same thing :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
You only need the english/spanish. I sent this using it. Enjoy its pretty sweet.

foxdog

Reaction score
Its a common issue guys. Check out there forums for help on it. I have the beta on my d1 and it works great!

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I downloaded the full version and am using it to type this now. Now my DX buddies aren't so cool anymore haha.

Keep trying it.

Sent from my Droid with Swype using DroidForums App