New Swiftkey 4.3 Beta Available; Tons of Features & Merges Phone & Tablet Versions

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 17, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Check this out! There is a new Swiftkey beta available. It's version number 4.3 and it comes with a huge host of new features. Furthermore, it now has merged the phone and tablet versions into one. The folks at have named this new version "Layouts for Living." This new version not only combines the two former apk's into one, it also includes a set of layouts to all screen sizes. You will also find a new "undock" feature which allows you to drag Swiftkey around the screen to wherever you want.

That's not all though. This new version also includes several new keyboard sizes, locations and layouts. Furthermore, you will also get three different keyboard modes which can be accessed in the quick-setting panel. This is the same place where you find the sizes and undock button. Here's a description of the different keyboard layouts:

If you want to learn more and/or pick up a beta key, just head to the links below!

Swiftkey blog: New beta out today - Layouts for Living
    Swiftkey Beta 4.3 Download: http://bit.ly/sklayoutbeta

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I like that it can be unlocked and moved around the screen but I wish it could be made a little smaller than the smallest setting...

3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Taking a look at it now.
    If Flow is better this will replace swype as my default. I really like gestures of swype though so that'll make a difference in deciding also.
    Thanks for the link!

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Beast Mode (Notetoo)

4. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +98
    The keyboard layout has never been my problem with SwiftKey. The terrible flow accuracy is. Thanks for putting your time and effort into not fixing the real problems with your keyboard...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!

5. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Hopefully once this version is out of beta and released, I'll be able to download it for my Nexus 7. I paid for it on my Galaxy Nexus, but I received a notification that I needed to download the "tablet version" for my Grouper.

Search tags for this page

pacman

swiftkey &tablet keyboard

swiftkey beta full version