Swype = Sorcery

proof

Reaction score
After using the Swype keyboard application I have to declare there has to be some sort of sorcery going on with this thing, because it is surely magical.

If the developers of this application were alive in 1692 they would have been drowned as witches.

Amazing!!

Reaction score
After using the Swype keyboard application I have to declare there has to be some sort of sorcery going on with this thing, because it is surely magical.

If the developers of this application were alive in 1692 they would have been drowned as witches.

Amazing!!

I have never tried Swype and probably never will, although I have heard wonderful things. You made me laugh so hard. Kudos!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Amazing!!

That would be the opinion of the vast majority of people who have tried it. I can't get it to work for the life of me. I just use the regular virtual keyboard.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have shaky fingers (neuro issues) so its not something I can use (I use big buttons kb or mostly physical kb) but I am amazed at the concept and wish I could use it.

rbrown1

Reaction score
How can I get it?

I have signed up for the now closed beta. Is there any other way to get SWYPE?

Amazing!!

That would be the opinion of the vast majority of people who have tried it. I can't get it to work for the life of me. I just use the regular virtual keyboard.

BostonDan

Reaction score

Amazing!!

I heard the next Beta release will turn lead into gold, so you're not too far off!

Cheers,
B.D.

V

verian

Yea its insane I don't personally like to use it but had to see what it was about. Even when I thought I was missing keys and dragging my finger all over it some how new what I was thinking. Truly brilliant software.

claustin

Reaction score
I love it. I can't stand not having it now. Works great on my Incredible!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol

Yea its a beautiful thing. I thought it was some sort of gimmick, but it makes typing waaay faster. And even if you are not too accurate, more than 90-95% of the time it picks the right word for u to choose from. Whats funny is my GF cant get the hang of it, and she's a heavy texter.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I lived by swype, it was a god for me and it still is for one hand typing... but for two hand action the HTC_ime is awesome.

Actually I get faster, better results with the two handedness lol, and its predictive is a bit smarter.

I say run both for different situations.

But either way, yes.... sorcery :p

claustin

Reaction score
I lived by swype, it was a god for me and it still is for one hand typing... but for two hand action the HTC_ime is awesome.

Actually I get faster, better results with the two handedness lol, and its predictive is a bit smarter.

I've gotta agree with that. Swype is magic for one handed use. For landscape use it still works for tapping things out. I still prefer it over the stock Android keyboard, but not the HTC keyboard in landscape. I rarely use landscape though. Still, it would be awesome if you could set it to use different keyboards according to screen orientation.

authority11

Reaction score

I've gotta agree with that. Swype is magic for one handed use. For landscape use it still works for tapping things out. I still prefer it over the stock Android keyboard, but not the HTC keyboard in landscape. I rarely use landscape though. Still, it would be awesome if you could set it to use different keyboards according to screen orientation.
Yea this is the one thing holding me back from using swype. I love it for one handed use, but I use the landscape keyboard a lot and it is pretty terrible for landscape. So I just use the HTC keyboard. I'd kill for a way to get keyboard to change depending on what orientation you use!

hookerdj

Reaction score

Yea this is the one thing holding me back from using swype. I love it for one handed use, but I use the landscape keyboard a lot and it is pretty terrible for landscape. So I just use the HTC keyboard. I'd kill for a way to get keyboard to change depending on what orientation you use!
landscape is fixed with this new one i think

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Totally agree man... Personally i SUCK at using touch-screen keyboards, which is why I have the Moto Droid and I can type like a madman on the qwerty... However I must say that Swype has been a lifesaver for me when I just want to make a quick text or search something fast.

To people who think its hard, just try it for a week. I sucked at first, and now I can fly on Swype. If you never tried it, I think it's A LOT easier than you think...