Swype = Sorcery

hookerdj

Reaction score
Totally agree man... Personally i SUCK at using touch-screen keyboards, which is why I have the Moto Droid and I can type like a madman on the qwerty... However I must say that Swype has been a lifesaver for me when I just want to make a quick text or search something fast.

To people who think its hard, just try it for a week. I sucked at first, and now I can fly on Swype. If you never tried it, I think it's A LOT easier than you think...
i otally agree it may be weird at first but once your brtain learns where all the keys are and when you have to type out a word and then hit the word it saves that word for the next time. your user dictionary gets bigger and bigger everyday and it is really sweet once you have it going for about a week or so!!!

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Be sure to go into your settings after you install it to tell the phone that you want Swype to be your default screen keyboard. You might also have to reboot the phone.

mju1030

Reaction score
Swype trouble fix

Sometimes, it helps to go to Settings > Language & Keyboard then select Android Keyboard (and deselecting Swype Keyboard) -- then back out and return and deselect Android Keyboard and select Swype Keyboard. That usually fixes the problem for me without rebooting.

BTW-- Swype is the single addition to my Moto Droid that I use and enjoy the most. In addition, when I show it to ppl who have other phones, both i and others, they FREAK.:rofl3:

dolfanpete

Reaction score
ok, i got it to work. but i hate to sound like a debbie downer. I dont see all the fuss. what am i missing?

dolfanpete

Reaction score
why is it when you type, you type in a little envelope with an "x" on it. and not in the spot you would usually see it. it takes a few moments before it transfers from that little envelope thing to the space where it would usually be

hookerdj

Reaction score
why is it when you type, you type in a little envelope with an "x" on it. and not in the spot you would usually see it. it takes a few moments before it transfers from that little envelope thing to the space where it would usually be
i have no clue what you are talking abiout when you first open the program up it shows you a tutorial try that

dolfanpete

Reaction score
yeah, i saw the tutorial. it makes no sense really. you slide each key to type one word. but what about all the other keys you slide over that you might not want in your word your typing? i like to type manually, i can do 45-50 words a minute....maybe it's not meant for me

hookerdj

Reaction score
i hit each key
lol you are suppsosed to slide your finger like if you are typing install you would start at the i at the bginning of the word and follow install letters to the l at the end of install. here this will teach you how [video=youtube;YnQts9NUnL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQts9NUnL4]YouTube - How to Swype![/video]

Dan.Droid

Reaction score

dolfanpete said:
i hit each ke

There's the answer to you question. The point of Swype is to just drag your fingers across the virtual keyboard and spell out the words you want.

Still, even when you're actually swiping, some times there are combinations that could spell out multiple words. In these cases, it gives you some of the possible combinations and you pick the one that's right.

hookerdj

Reaction score
yeah, i saw the tutorial. it makes no sense really. you slide each key to type one word. but what about all the other keys you slide over that you might not want in your word your typing? i like to type manually, i can do 45-50 words a minute....maybe it's not meant for me
lol that is the mystery to it it knows what word you want and if for some reason another word may come up you just pick that word outta the box go into setting and then keyboards and then put a x next to swype and not one next to android keyboard and then go into swype setting s and make sure you hit a x next to word prediction

dolfanpete

Reaction score
i'll keep playing with it a little. but i can already tell i'm not gonna use it. sorry guys!...cool concept i guess, i'm just too impatient

hookerdj

Reaction score
i'll keep playing with it a little. but i can already tell i'm not gonna use it. sorry guys!...cool concept i guess, i'm just too impatient
use it for a couple days give it at least two days i know youll start to like it everyone hates it at first