Swype = Sorcery

Mohawk3

Reaction score
The Swype keyboard is so awesome that I basically refuse to type in landscape much less open the keyboard up to use it. It is so much faster than regular typing once you get the hang of it. I think within an hour, I was pretty fast at using this keyboard. I have been using it since the first week the beta came out.

While I do like the HTC keyboard, SwiftKey is probably the second best keyboard for speed based on its ability to predict the next word you want to type. I am still faster with Swype though.

GerryG35

Reaction score
At first, I didn't think too much of Swype. Then I RTFM and watched a few videos and made the most important discovery: you don't have to perfectly touch (slide?) over each key. In practice and amazingly, you just have to get close and the program seemingly knows the word you wanted. I know this sounds counterintuitive and almost silly but it's true. I rarely have to use the 'x' and start a word over. I can see why it seems magical.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
i type pretty fast regular style. i really dont like this app. SORRY. I did give it a good 2 hour try.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I basically stopped using the physical keyboard since I got the hang of swype!! I bought the moto droid for the physical keyboard... I still use it for some stuff, like typing names or addresses its just easier. Although, if I am in a quiet please, I would prefer the voice recognition.